1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

My Mower is my car I l

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Hartzog, Jul 13, 2000.

1. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

Thank you for all your help I am better off with out a lot of expence till I can better afford buying a new mower.If any of you live within 300 miles of Eufaula alabama and have any thing below that is for sale i would like to talk to you.These are the dealers prices for new equiment. David Hartzog<p>Truck: $2,500.00<p>Trailer: 14’ or 16’ $1,000.00<p>Mower: 1 Used rider Grasshopper 52” 721D $4,000.00<p>Mower: 1 Used Walk behind Scag 36” 15 hp $2,000.00<p>Mower: Accessories 40” aerator $2,800.00<p>Little wonder blower 11hp 2000 cfm $1,150.00<p>Stihl Hedge trimmer HS-80 $ 400.00<p>Echo Stick Edger PE-3100 $389.95<p>Echo Back pack Blower PB-60 $365.00<p>Echo trimmer SRM-2601 $285.00<p>Total $14,889.00<p><p>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: David Hartzog<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: David Hartzog

2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Rent the aerator and large blower until you can afford to buy.

3. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

buy an 8 hp blower for like 600.00

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

David: You can get a 42&quot; tow behind aerator at Lesco, built by Classen that is built like a tank. I can't see how a person could wear one out in a lifetime. It is has a hitch to pull it behind a rider or it has a 3 point hitch to use on a tractor, which is how I use mine. It is around $1300 and does a great job. There is a picture of one on my website.<p>BTW, Why do you have 2 discussions with the same title and what is &quot;My Mower is my Car&quot; supposed to mean? <br><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

5. OP
    OP
    David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

I really like the new wonder blower 30% more air 11 hp i had the 8Hp before and wish it blow a little more. <br> <br>Have you seen the bufflo tubbine blower 9000 cfm at $3,500

6. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with the 8 HP Little Wonder suggestion. It has almost the same productivity that an 11 HP has. I have used both and there is little difference (don't let the dealer tell you since he probably hasn't used both for months at a time). And as for the aerator I second Eric. I have the Lesco (Claussen) aerator and it works great. I pull it behind my Dixie Chopper and had awesome results last year. It was about $1200.

7. OP
    OP
    David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

I was real tired when i wrote the subject and i was basiclly saying if i bought a 11,000 mower it would be worth more than my car.

8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

That's exactly what I thought you meant. :)<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Platinum Member

I knew what ya meant. When I bought my Grasshopper the payments were within $4 of my truck payments.