Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
9,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just got finished getting all my mowing stuff ready and loaded onto my trailer. Thanks for all the advice on getting professional equipment.

My setup is a Honda HR215 21 inch mower..it's the master's series with the 5hp commercial engine, hyrdo drive and blade brake and all with the double blade mulching setup on it. My trimmer is a Shindaiwa 2500. I have the edger and a couple other attachments for it. The blower is an Echo blower/shredder vac thing..I forget the model number. I have room for straight and 2 stroke gas...the cans are in the bottom. I'm within the trailer rating of 200 pounds even fully loaded. I just wish the mower was a little more narrow so I didn't have to put it on it's side. As you can see, I have the optional rain cover for the trailer. I may carry a backpack as well for my lunch and first aid kid and stuff.

The bike is a 1982 Peugot 12 speed but it's been upgraded over stock. It has the heavy duty touring tires and upgraded frame because the original broke and updated Shimano derailers. I'm thinking about switching over to my Schwinn mountain bike because it has lower gearing and better brakes.

So what do you all think? Pretty slick huh?

Bicycle Wheel Tire Land vehicle Building

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Vehicle Automotive lighting Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Bicycle Automotive tire Bicycle wheel rim

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Tread Wheel

·
Registered
119 Posts
wow dude how long dose it take too start that hand mower from being on its side ? lol good luck

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Some guys have to much time on hands...

·
Registered
9,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Actually my magnetic signs just came in via UPS about 15 minutes ago. I'm gonna spray them with spray on adhesive and stick them to the sides. The tubing is steel but there's not enough contact area to keep them on firmly. I'm advertising for lawn care, plowing and landscaping.

I should have enough time to get my plowing rig set up by next winter. I want one like the left picture.

My bike is a little unstable pulling that load. Maybe when I make some money I'll buy a new rig to pull my trialer like the one in the right picture. ;)

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Plant Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

·
Registered
9,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I followed all the advice on this site on how to do this right and that's what I came up with. My setup needs a little tweaking here and there I know.

I almost forgot, I won't need a backpack because I have a set of pannier's for the rear rack on my bike. I lent them to someone but I'm sure I can get them back. Then I'll be able to bring a backpack blower and just wear it on my back between accounts.

I can't wait to get started. Most of the lawn services around here start at $30 to $40 per cut. With my low overhead I should be able to do them at $20 and still make a killing! I've been saving the bags that our news paper comes in and I'm gonna use those to put some brochures in and throw them in people's driveway with a handful of 3/4 inch driveway stone in them.

I'm so happy to be a real pro now!!! Pulling my mower behind my bike with one hand was kind of unprofessional, you know.

·
Registered
241 Posts
This post is too funny. But, come to think of it, I believe I have seen this same set up in my area. The only difference is that the guy I saw was using an old Murray to pull his kids little red wagon. And I am not joking!!!:laugh:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Actually my magnetic signs just came in via UPS about 15 minutes ago. I'm gonna spray them with spray on adhesive and stick them to the sides. The tubing is steel but there's not enough contact area to keep them on firmly. I'm advertising for lawn care, plowing and landscaping.

I should have enough time to get my plowing rig set up by next winter. I want one like the left picture.

My bike is a little unstable pulling that load. Maybe when I make some money I'll buy a new rig to pull my trialer like the one in the right picture. ;)
Just use cardboard, It will look GREAT!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I would definitely look into getting a 2-man bicycle for when your business grows and you have an employee. Having someone to help pedal can make all the difference in a professional image.

·
Registered
9,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just use cardboard, It will look GREAT!
No way. That wouldn't present the type of professional image I'm looking for, nor would pulling a kid's wagon as trooper suggested. I've got a lot invested in this rig (over $2,000) and I'm not going to cheapen it with cardboard. Get real dude!!! I don't want to look like some sort of lowlife scrub you know.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Thats funny. Last year a guy here was pulling a trailer with an electric golf cart.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Let me guess, you can handle 100 accounts weekly with your bike set up?!!! Hey it looks better than the guy around here that crams everything in the trunk of his old delta 88 junky car with the trunk wide open! Now thats a quality lawn service!!

1 - 20 of 132 Posts