1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

My new building

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by David Gretzmier, Jan 19, 2010.

1. OP
    OP
    David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I think the bay 6 garage door side as of now..., no doors yet, openings are slightly larger on closer doors on purpose, sort of. you can also see the 4 foot shop lights through soffit on the inside as well. those windows are 4 foot by 7 foot as well.

david 076.jpg

2. OP
    OP
    David Gretzmier

close up of doors, cedar...

david 077s.jpg

3. OP
    OP
    David Gretzmier

and that is about it for now. I have added hardware to the barn doors that I welded myself, kind of a blacksmith project that involved heating 1 inch solid bar with a torch and bending them, welding and hammering and mig welding, it was a cool old school/new tech way of making really chunky handles, latch, and door stops that look good on a 6 foot by 12 foot barn door. I also trimmed out the building corners with 1x6's oak and did numerous other things.

we sealed in where the old shop meets the new with metal, as that will be covered by the new roof going over the old shop next year as funds allow.
    projects coming up this summer as funds allow are 6 sets of doors for the side and staining everything a dark reddish brown with about 20-30 gallons of ready seal. I will buy 5 gallons at a time as I have money.

It still feels like a hay barn at this point, as the bay doors are open and the soffits are open at the top. it is rain tight, but water does come in, but all things inside do stay dry. the shop really needs a drainage system installed as the slab is a bit low, so all floor items are on pallets for now. we had record breaking rain last weekend and water was in shop, but the pallets kept everything fine. so the drainage system has to happen soon as well. when I get a job that pays for a trencher rental I will use that machine to get trenches done.