1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

My new (demo) Encore Prowler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rook00, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Rook00

Rook00 LawnSite Member

Yes, that's right, I love my prowler. I know most of you are exmark fans among the other more popular brands, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

It's a 61" cut, 27hp Liq. Cooled Kaw. and its pretty mean. I was flying at least 8mph mowing thick grass and leaving a perfect stripe. Speaking of stripe. . . it leaves a great one without any accessories! I bought it with 244 hrs (demo) on it and a 2 year warranty. Spindles are no-maintanence and that saves time. PTO shaft-driven blade system is very efficient. Have any of you used the newer encore prowlers?

2. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

No i have never used one but if it woks for you thats what matters.payup payup

3. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Rook00, Congratulations on your new Prowler. I have the 52" 23 hp ± 700 hrs no problems or mechanical failures. Like you said the quality of cut is excellent and the key is in that articulating deck.
    Mine also stripes good and I always like to look back at the stripes done without a roller or anything.
    Enjoy your Prowler. You'll love it.

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

You guys really think the articulating deck makes a difference a lot of the time? Interesting idea. I'd like to see a video of one in action. Does it help traction too?

5. Mowerboys

Mowerboys LawnSite Member

Hey Rookie where do you go for Encore? is it Reynolds, my brother and i have a smaller business and have a 48" hydro encore and have no problems with it.

btw I am also from Kansas City

6. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Arnolds lawn and garden in downtown Overland park just sold me a new DEMO w less than 1 hr for 6999
    25 hp, 61 inch.
    Just picked it up at 8 tonight, havent even run it on the first yard
    I CANT WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW!!!
    Also, traded in my 52 snapper with the jungle wheels. We havent worked out the trade in value, but I SCORED...
    All you current owners, I need some hints.
    I have grass to cut tomorrow