1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

My new Ferris IS1500z

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by grassmeister, Apr 14, 2005.

1. fscot4283

fscot4283 LawnSite Member

I need to mow (traverse not up/down) a 20 degree slope. Will the IS1500 hold the slope, or am I asking for too much?

2. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

That thing has hardly any trimming capabilities, I mean I don't see how you can trim with that. ;)

3. grassmeister

grassmeister LawnSite Member

I have a slope of about 15 degrees. When the lawn is dry, it does a pretty good job, though you need to drive more deliberately. I can't do zero turns without tearing up the grass. Instead, I adjust my turns to what works best in that situation. But if I go slow enough, it works ok.

4. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Thats very high. I will join the bandwagon and make you feel bad about the price. I bought a new toro Z with 60" and 27 kohler for $5,913.

6. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I wish my local dealers would start selling mowers for the prices you guys are saying!

Everything has been upper 7's for a 52" with 23/25 hp and i want 27! Hustler 7500 for a mini z, toro 7700 for a 52" with 23hp (crazy), exmark almost 8000 for a 52" with 27hp. I wouldn't even want to see what a ferris would cost here.

7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I have 2 of these mowers that I recently purchased. A buddy of mine has had 6 of these from the same dealer as me and his friend owns it. He paid the same price as I did $7400 out the door. Man 6600 for the 60" now thats a serious mower there. I would love to get it at that price, o well its a Toro guess you have to pay more for the real mowers. At least I wont have to worry about it failing on me, plus it has by far the best cut quality IMO.

8. Starman

Starman LawnSite Member

I've played around traversing 15 to 30 degree slopes and it's difficult to say the least. When mowing vertical, I sometimes manage an inch or two front-end "hang time" on the 30 degree section. 'course I'm only 135lbs dripping wet. If I had alot of 20 degree slopes to mow I'd prefer a machine with front wheel steering capabilities. My IS1500z seems to have plenty of climbing power though; just not a lot a stability traversing the slopes. But then again, I'm finding the more experience I get with this machine, the more it will do for me. No guts, no glory. :)

Traction can be a bit slippery when wet & mowing the slopes.

9. ToroLandscaper

DANG i paid 6800 before taxes on a 52" with a 27Hp and it has a zstand.............you got ripped

10. ToroLandscaper

Dang alarsh howd you manage that.....did you buy it new or used if you bought that new you got one hell of a deal.