1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

My new Hustler equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rider1000, Mar 22, 2001.

1. rider1000

rider1000 LawnSite Member

Picked up my new 60" Hustler Z and Huslter 48" w/b. Must admit, they are everything I had expected. The Z is built like a tank. I compared many brands before deciding on this one, and I know I made the right choice. I know many are interested in this model, and after I've ran it a while, I'll follow up with another post on how it is performing if anyone is interested.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Congrats on the new equipment. :)
    It is always nice to have a new mower and you got 2 so that is twice as nice. :)

Enjoy it and I hope is serves you well.
    Good luck in the up coming season.
    Eric

3. MikeGA

MikeGA LawnSite Member

Well, I signed the papers on my new Z yesterday. I haven't time to run it right now, so I left it over at the dealer so they can do the delivery inspection. Scott (my local dealer) and I have beccome pretty good friends. I stopped by there on my way home this after noon and took her for a spin AGAIN. She cuts pretty good and like I figured, she moves on faster they I cared to travel. I think Scott likes me stopping by, because every time I stop I cut a little more grass for him. When you engage the blades it sounds like an airplane prop spinning underneath. I think when a few of these machines get around and people really see how tuff they seem to be built and the job that I have seen mine (now) do and how they compare pricewise to the other choices I have looked at, they WILL be more of these machines used!

4. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Congratulations, looks like everybody's getting geared up for a good year.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

How much did you guys pay for your Hustlers ?

6. rider1000

Paid $7200 for the Z, and $5100 for the 48" w/b. I felt that the Z is one of the best bargains out there when you really start comparing.

7. JOshua Gallerick

JOshua Gallerick LawnSite Member

what size engine did you get? do they have diesels? I got a big HUSTLER poster in my office, I get big laugh when people see its a mower.

8. Guest

We have been running Hustlers for over 6 years and swear by them, We have two rangewings 12' cuts and 2 3400's with 6'decks and high dumps, best equipment,dealer, and product support we have ever had. Just my two cents

9. MikeGA

MikeGA LawnSite Member

$7000, 23hp Kawi. I figuer I have done about $200 work for him test driving it.

10. rider1000

23 hp. kawi on the Z, 17 hp kawi on the w/b.