1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

my new kawasaki trimmer sucks (anyone else?)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FromtheGroundUp, Jul 30, 2008.

1. FromtheGroundUp

FromtheGroundUp LawnSite Member

i have been a lover of kawasaki trimmers for years. i have ran them for 7-8 years. this year they quit makeing the 27A and changed it to the 27A-B. it runs like piss. to be more specific.
    -when you first start it, it wants to cut off every time you try to give it a little throttle it conks out(takes a few minutes to warm up).
    -the rpm under load is very weak.
    -when changing from edgeing to trimming it cuts off
    -the pull cord has popped several times due to the compression being so strong.
    maybe i havent explaind these problems where they are easily understood, but they are definately a pain in the ass. my dealer gave me a new one for a loaner while the try to fix mine. its a pice of crap also. virtually the same probs. the old kawasaki's were the best trimmer on the market. why mess up a good thing

2. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

I used my Kawi trimmer for about 2 months and broke flex shaft after shaft. Now it just sits in my shop collecting dust. Can't afford to run it.

3. FromtheGroundUp

FromtheGroundUp LawnSite Member

thats one thing i learned early on always buy solid shafts