Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'89 F350 with a 460 EFI, C6 a/t, c/c, a/c, 8x12' flatbed. 162k miles on truck, 75k on engine (9 years ago), tranny rebuilt 2 years ago (has coolers from factory).

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After unloading 1 1/2 tons of barnlot waste into mom's 4,000 sq. ft. garden. A hoist would sure be nice! Got my little bro off his bum long enough to help though LOL.

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Truck

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gave $2,000 for it. Here it is loaded (room for another bob-cat scoop, this was three it could hold 4 or 5 but I had a toolbox on the left side that I did not want to bury). Started to level the springs on the right side, but there are 4 overload springs it didn't come close to. This is what the truck was built to do- haul heavy (1.5 tons on deck here, not alot in the scheme of things, it should be good for at least 4,000 lbs).

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, not going to LOL. I still think they make the white truck look better though, because it doesn't have the chrome trim around the grille and headlights. Similar trucks with chrome trim look fine w/o the covers :p

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Thats a weird looking intake. Is it full fuel injection or is it fords ''variable venturi''(throttle body) or something like that.

·
Registered
765 Posts
looking good frankenscag, time for some minor cosmetics and it will look nice1

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hey, Frankenscag's moving up in the world! Congratulations on the new truck. I think those 1-ton trucks are great-very versatile. Good luck,

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep. It's been good about everything but gas. about 7.6 mpg! That's about 2/3 with trailer, 1/3 w/o, and all of it in town. From what I hear, it could be worse in a 460 though. I am gonna try to tweak a bit more out of it if I can. Tonight I put on a single 3" pipe from the catalytic converter straight back 4' then with a turn-down. Sounds better and seems to have a slight improvement in power up hill with trailer (accelerates better uphill). Sounds almost similar to a Flowmaster, but a little louder and not quite as deep and "rumbly". It has a dual inlet, single outlet catalytic converter, thus the single 3" pipe.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nah she's 6x4. Only back 4 wheels drive. I probably will not do plowing this winter because still in school. The F250 I sold to a kid Friday. His first truck just got his license that day. Hated to see it go :cry: it was a good looker.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
$1600 for the white one. It needed much repairing so I thought if a person put $1000 into it it would be worth $2600.

Don't think this truck will see a plow.

Thanks John. The Pro is doing well. Need a new skid, but it stripes well still. I love the eXmark! Next year I really want a 60" Lazer though!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.