1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

My New Scag Cheetah

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by weeze, Mar 31, 2016.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

Well, as requested by some other members, here are some pics of my new scag cheetah i picked up today between the rain storms :D

...also my new trailer that is 5.5 x 10.

My mower has a 61" deck and 29hp kohler efi ecv860 engine. Feel free to ask any questions. I hope to use it tomorrow or Saturday for the first time. I checked it over. Tires were inflated to 25psi but that is normal. I lowered them to 12psi which is the correct pressure. Blade cutting height is exactly matched to what you select using the cutting height adjustment pin. It will cut anywhere from 1"- 5". The deck is set level front to back with no rake. This mower is fresh off the factory assembly line as it says March 2016 for when it was built. Anyways here's the pics:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    hort101, Ralb0147, oh ok and 2 others like this.
  2. CGros31

CGros31 LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats man. It looks great!

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Awesome! Congrats on the new mower. That's a nice little trailer too. What happened to the little blue truck you posted a video of one time when you were doing your route?

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

hmm i never had a blue truck. maybe you're thinking of someone else?

i've had a silver tacoma the whole time i've been mowing lawns. what is crazy is this new trailer was cheaper than the 5x10 i bought 5 years ago even though the new one is wider, has round tubing, and square tubing on the ramp. :laugh:

the old one is all angle iron.

[​IMG][​IMG]

old trailer: [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

No, I'm thinking of you. You made a video about 4 or 5 years ago and posted it on here wherein you had the camera mounted inside the cab and we went along for the ride from one job to another. From the camera's angle, we could just barely see you make the shifts. I just recall it being blue when you got to the next job and were driving your 920 around the yard cutting. Maybe I just remember it wrong, but that's the way I've remembered it ever since.:confused:

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: maybe it just looked blue because of the way the sun was that day?

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Or maybe that was just how I felt that day IDK :cry::hammerhead::laugh:

9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i called another place before this one came in to the dealer. they had a 34hp kohler efi engine they said which i'm guessing was last year's model since the new one is called a 35hp engine. they wanted $1000 more dollars for it. i said no thanks. :laugh:

at the dealer i got this one they also had a 2015 TT and the price on the tag was 12,999. yikes.

i got this one for a little over 11,000 tax and all. 10,499 was the price on the tag.

10. T Total Lawncare

T Total Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from The deep south

Good looking machine! Same model and engine I'm looking at. Please keep us posted on how she performs.