1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

My new toy

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DoetschOutdoor, Aug 2, 2006.

1. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

In case we have any other fellow dirtbikers on here, I thought I'd post my new 06' Yz250F for your viewing pleasure
    So far, she has: Yoshimura exhaust, black excel rims, black renthal sprocket, renthal bars, works connection hot start, and a few other goodies. The best part is, it only took me 30 minutes to aerate and seed my local parts manager's yard and I was lucky enough to have been able to pick the bike up from the dealer with most of this stuff already on it, at little or no charge.

I also posted some regular, straight stripes from my 48" Ferris wb

Ian

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

stripes.jpg

stripes2.jpg

2. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

Stripes look awsome. Nice bike

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Awsome!! Have you had the bike on the track yet?

4. LawnmanJ

LawnmanJ LawnSite Member

Very nice stripes, The bike is Really nice. Yamaha makes some nice stuff, and I guess you get what you pay for. I am more of a Kawasaki guy but hey its all good man.

5. DoetschOutdoor

from S. IL

O yea, the bike has been on the track quite a few times and I love it compared to my 04' that I had before this one. Yamaha recalled all of the valves in the 2006's because the guys that raced every weekend were blowing motors but I just got mine back from the dealer after they replaced the valves. 4.1 hours of work at 80/hour would not have been fun to pay for thank god yamaha stands behind their work. Best part is, I swing by my parts managers house once a week and take 15 mins to mow his yard and then anytime I need something riding related, I just head up to the shop and remind him of how bad he hates cutting grass:)

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper LawnSite Member

Nice bike man, just looking at it makes my collarbone and ankle hurt. Voted best crash of the year 1974 Cimmaron Valley Raceway:

7. DoetschOutdoor

from S. IL

Yea, sometimes it gives me that feeling too...I too have broke the collarbone, 7 bones in my right foot, and ive got some nice titanium hardware in my left wrist. But all those crashes came before the new four strokes, which I seem to get into less troubled situations with

8. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks great. I love the look of the Yamahas.

9. zero_turn_freak

zero_turn_freak LawnSite Member

Great bike, I used to have a Kawasaki klx 110 that I fooled around on on the street.

10. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Still not walking form a crash on April 2 2006. be carefull. I am only 31 and i have new hip and titanium rod in my femur.