1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

My New Truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mtdman, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess if you only mow grass, dont haul clippings, do no mulching, no landscaping and don't plant 3+inch cal trees, then yes a 150 will suffice. I know the first new full sized truck I purchased was an '88 f-150 5 speed (still going strong w/ 122Kmi) was nice, but I realized w/in 2 months I should have gone w the 250 HD 4X4. Good luck - I wish you as many good years w/ your truck as I've had w/ mine!

2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

That describes me exactly.

:D

3. mtdman

The sticker says 15-19 mpg. I'm not sure, yet. I haven't really measured it, letting it break in.

4. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice Tom. Do I see professional lettering in your future? I can recommend a guy who did mine for like $125 (included designing my logo).

5. mtdman

Nah, I'm going to stick to my magnetic signs. Although I need new ones. When I get a committed business vehicle, I'll get the vehicle lettered.

6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Wow, I do ALL of those things with a half ton truck, and always have. Try 6" 16' clevelands, one at a time of course, pallets of stone, sod, filled with mulch, pulling a trailer with over 3 tons loaded on it. Maybe I should cut back to only cutting grass?

7. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises LawnSite Member

BADDDDDDDDDDD . DODGE !!!! DODGE !!! DODGE!!!!

8. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Yeah, you sprang a tranny leak with the Ford at 150k. The dodge you'd be picking your tranny from the middle of the road at about 10k:p

Nice wheels, Tom. But for me, I don't see me ever getting a half ton again. I'm still have 97 F150, but all towing and most other stuff is done with the 1 ton dump now.