1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

My new work truck!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by drsogr, May 14, 2006.

1. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a 2000 2500 suburban. The 3/4 ton suburban. Has all the bells and wistles. This is replacing the 2000 tahoe that I had that was a 1/2 ton. I looked at buying a 3/4 ton but after remembering everything I loved about having a SUV, I went with another one. I am one of the few people in the area that use an SUV for a work truck, it sets me a part a bit. It is supposed to be lettered with etching material on tuesday.

Truck1.JPG

2. drsogr

And another picture.

Truck2.JPG

3. drsogr

Here is another one for your viewing pleasure.

Truck3.JPG

4. drsogr

Here is a picture of the 6.0l V8. I cleaned up the engine compartment after I bought it.

Truckengine.JPG

5. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

That is sharp. I like my 3/4 ton Chevrolet pickup. You can load the family up and head to the lake on the weekends.

6. SCAG POWER

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a nice looking truck. This is what I have been looking at for the month a Chevy W4500 with the dove tail landscaping body or a 3500 HD extd cab with the dump body on it.

I am trying to move my business to the next level at this time. Also i have looked at the C4500 with the dump body on it.

While i was at the chevy dealer yesterday i saw the 2007 Suburan and just feel for this SUV, how ever i would not pull equipment with it as i want to get into landscape construction.

Should any one be using the above set up let me know how you like it. The trailer that i have looked would be some where around 18 ft or 22ft X 8 ft wide.

once again very nice looking suvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv:headphones:

7. drsogr

I do landscaping and only landscaping, but I really don't do too much heavy stuff. I have a 16 ft. trailer and I will put 6-7000 lbs on there, but thats about it. Anything else gets delivered. I hope in the future to buy a small dump trailer. A 3500 with a dump bed would be very nice though.

As far as landscaping equipment the biggest thing I will be tugging around will be a dingo, I don't do any bobcat work, I sub it all out. I sure wouldn't even try to pull a bobcat with something like this.