My opinion of the "Grass Flap" (OCDC)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by StanWilhite, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Just drill some holes in it to allow the air to pass through as you flip it open.:laugh:

2. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

Does it work good for closing off the chute and running over leaves. I have the Exmark brand one on my lazer and it stays down nice for leaves.

3. Jmartinps1

Jmartinps1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the power chute on my tt2 and love it. However I'm getting a grassflap for my 930 m that I bought last fall. I just want to test it out compared to the pc and see which one I prefer and then I'll stick with one or the other. I have 250 hours on the pc and no issues with it. I believe I can buy a kit for the deere where I don't have to drill any holes in the deck and that would definately be a bonus. I almost threw up when I drilled those two holes in that brand new velocity deck

4. 944own

I got the grass flap on last week seems well built. Something you may need to know, the no drill plate says it works for 54,60,72 on the website but the holes in the no drill plate do not work on the 54. I called the guy that makes them and he sent me a refund for the no drill plate. I had to drill holes in the no drill plate and it works fine just now with the holes that comes in it. I still did not have to drill holes in the deck of my new mower so not that big of a deal. The holes are probably correct if you have a 60 deck.

IMG_1393.JPG

IMG_1394.JPG

IMG_1395-2.JPG

5. Jmartinps1

Awesome. Any trouble adjusting the cable?

6. 944own

I had to adjust it a little but it was easy.

7. shifty98

shifty98 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Indiana

Great info, great thread. I have looked at Grass Flap and was wondering if there is any place to buy them cheaper than the official Grass Flap website?

8. Jmartinps1

Nope