• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

My picture in advertisements

GreenmanCT

LawnSite Senior Member
I was thinking of putting my picture in my advertisements. I think there are a great deal of customers who prefer owner operated businesses. So i figure why not put my mug in the ads. That way people can see that i am a clean cut guy, who wouldnt make you feel uncomfortable on your own property.

Anyone do this before? thoughts, opinions?

MOHUSTLER

LawnSite Bronze Member
Mabey put a picture of yourself cutting grass in a nice uniform. Show a profesonial image.

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
we do it and i think you cant go wrong, unless you are the ugliest guy in town!

Lawn Pawn

LawnSite Senior Member
Good idea ? Who cannot relate to the ....Maytag repair man... Mr. Goodwrench... Chad the cellphone guy.... or the now long gone politically incorrect Frito Bandito.

These companies spent millions doing their homework before these ads are even released. Why? IT WORKS!

Do yourself a favor... save humiliation.. and in the long run money, buy having your photo done by a qualified photographer, or... run your choice of photos past a real art director. No... not the guy at Color Copies R Us !

Locally the photos of so many Realtors... politicians.. you name it... are so poorly done they look like child molesters.... wastrels.... and worse. Why? cause anyone can take photos and self publish.

I have seen many candid photos of people taken by a friend as a favor, that are DROP DEAD WONDERFUL ! So I'm painting everyones photos or self published works with the same brush.

Anyone can cut grass too... right. But we mow lawns.

OP
GreenmanCT

GreenmanCT

LawnSite Senior Member
Good idea ? Who cannot relate to the ....Maytag repair man... Mr. Goodwrench... Chad the cellphone guy.... or the now long gone politically incorrect Frito Bandito.

These companies spent millions doing their homework before these ads are even released. Why? IT WORKS!

Do yourself a favor... save humiliation.. and in the long run money, buy having your photo done by a qualified photographer, or... run your choice of photos past a real art director. No... not the guy at Color Copies R Us !

Locally the photos of so many Realtors... politicians.. you name it... are so poorly done they look like child molesters.... wastrels.... and worse. Why? cause anyone can take photos and self publish.

I have seen many candid photos of people taken by a friend as a favor, that are DROP DEAD WONDERFUL ! So I'm painting everyones photos or self published works with the same brush.

Anyone can cut grass too... right. But we mow lawns.
i agree........ fortunately i have a hand full of professional photographers in my family.

http://www.117design.com/ this is my bros

http://www.fuse-photographic.com and my cousins.