My review of the 30" exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by CollegeMowers, Sep 2, 2013.

1. FinishingTouch

FinishingTouch LawnSite Member

I bought a eXmark 30 in September and am very pleased with it. I find myself using it more and more on the smaller lawns I used to do with the ZTR. It worked very well with leaves also. The only issue that I had with it was clogging the chute when in lawns with a lot of pine needles.

As far as hillsides, I have one that I used to do with a string trimmer and have since started doing with the 30. I have to go side to side and start at the bottom and work my way up the hill. I do have to help it a little on the turns, but a lot easier to handle than going from the top down. It will try to drag you down the hill!!

2. bradtf

bradtf LawnSite Member

When you guys say hillsides, how steep are you talking about when it can't pull itself up?

3. WarriorLandscaping

WarriorLandscaping LawnSite Member
    Male

Hey guys thinking of getting two of these for some commercial sub-divison work,

How do you guys still like the ex-marks??

4. Jsig864

Jsig864 LawnSite Member

Used daily. Good mower, pricey, saves time, not good on steep inclines. Castor front wheels would be sweet.

5. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Silver Member

Used to be a 30" on almost Every Trailer here when they first came out. I bought one year one. Very rarely see them anymore and Never in the Spring.

Guys soon discovered 21"s faster on our real small lots that are all turns and reverse and on bigger stuff there were much better options.

A couple years ago dealership always had several sitting in the floor and they Moved fast. No longer.

Must be regional.

6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Lots of them here, they pull backwards as easy as the HRX217 VYA and because they are heavy actually stay on the ground on bumpy yards at speed unlike the Honda . ( I guerilla taped a 2.5 lb weight to the honda which helps some) Does not leave stragglers like Honda in lush tall grass either. Honda leaves Hay on top of grass when mulching tall grass also. 30"s don't.

7. WarriorLandscaping

WarriorLandscaping LawnSite Member
    Male

Getting one tomorrow, apparently, the 2017 models have fixed all of the bugs.

8. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Silver Member

didnt you post you only put 60hrs s year on that 30".

That's almost Homeowner Use.

9. LittleJohnny1

LittleJohnny1 LawnSite Member

I have a 2017 turfmaster myself and love it after I fixed the issue with the spindle. Stripes great and has great power for normal yards plus the large fuel tank lasts quite a while. I ended up replacing the left side spindle and shaft after chasing a low howling noise and vibration, come to find out the shaft had a very low spot on it causing a loose fit on the bearings and beating itself up.

10. kabrac

kabrac LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I use to own the Exmark 30. I liked it but didn't handle the morning dew too well and when you stopped the blades and re- engaged them, you would get a clump. No big deal. I wish the front wheels were as easy to adjust as the rear. It is still pretty easy though.

Does anyone have one with a mulch kit on it?
    I should have tried that on mine

hort101 likes this.