My Scag Zcat is making terrible ruts! Any Suggestions?

SCBigE

LawnSite Member
I love my Scag Zcat, best mower I have ever had but it is making ruts and my yards that I do are fairly small and there is only one way to cut them. Any suggestions on how to stop the ruts from forming?

ed2hess

LawnSite Fanatic
I love my Scag Zcat, best mower I have ever had but it is making ruts and my yards that I do are fairly small and there is only one way to cut them. Any suggestions on how to stop the ruts from forming?
That is why people use small WB for small yards. There isn't anything you can do in a small yard except get off the unit.

ralph02813

LawnSite Bronze Member
It may be the best power you ever had, but its not the right one, and therefore not the best one - you cannot cut small properties within anything you can ride on unless its really really hard ground and you can change up direction every week,, north to south, east to west, northwest to southeast, northeast to southwest

grass-scapes

LawnSite Bronze Member
Push mower or walk behind/small stand on unit