Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics of my shop and a few lawns we maintain. Our shop is just about 2k sqft and its part of a much larger warehouse which you can see in the pics the owners have just sub-divided it all out to other small businesses. Its not enough space for all of my stuff so i have to park at an outdoor lot (skid-loader trailer and enclosed trailer stay there). As you see both trucks stay at the shop overnight due to gas prices i save about $40 a week in gas driving my 6cyl. car to home and back. We are lucky to get 10mpg in the trucks.

Automotive parking light Car Property Tire Vehicle

Building Wood Motor vehicle Floor Engineering

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Car Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the property pics

Sky Plant Building Property Window

Sky Plant Tree Land lot Natural landscape

Cloud Sky Plant Natural environment Natural landscape

Sky Cloud Plant Plant community Natural landscape

Cloud Plant Sky Building House

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys the shop lease is just over $600 a month which i think is a steal for being in a good side of town and it is in a gated complex. I like it because im not sure how big i will be in a couple years and dont want to spend alot on a property if it is something i might outgrow in a couple years. There are actually I think 5 or 6 other Lawn care companies in the complex and they range any where from solo ops to my company which is 3 full timers plus my self and a couple part timers to a lawn and landscape co with over a dozen guys. We all pretty talk and network as well.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Cool sweet shop nd work. How much you charge for the house on the first pic, for mowing?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys.
To try to answer alot of your questions there is actually quit a bit of space in there when we move trucks and trailers out. for instance when my guys change out blades one truck will be out of the shop and that gives them room to get atleast 3 mowers up on jacks at once. Also in the winter months the mower trailers, dump trailer, mowers, aerator, and other summer equipment all goes to a warehouse that we pay about $3 a sq ft on a month to month lease. I do that to get it out of there so we can have the skid loader trailer loader and ready for snow as well as the enclosed trailer there with all of our holiday light equipment and supplies in it. we also need more space in the winter for plows to be on the ground and also for the 4+ pallets of ice melt that i will have on hand.

As far as the lawn pics we get around $60 for the first lawn(pics 1&2) and its like 10-12K takes 2 guys 23 min mow, trim and blow. The second lawn (pics 3,4&5) is just over 5 acres and we get $300 for it and it take 2 guys right at 2 hours to mow, trim and blow.

And for the nice strips I do have a stripe kit on my newer lazer with the triton deck but both of my lazers get used on both of those lawns and you cant tell a difference now.

·
Banned
170 Posts
Weres the fork lift hiding at? Wow I found a place with free eletricity and i pay 390 a month! It is gated and has keypad enterance! None the less nice shop, I need to get some of that heavy duty shelving so i can put some of our plows and mowers up in the off season.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
Wow that is a sweet shop-clean and organized. Those shelves work great. I love the Trucks too:weightlifter:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Weres the fork lift hiding at? Wow I found a place with free eletricity and i pay 390 a month! It is gated and has keypad enterance! None the less nice shop, I need to get some of that heavy duty shelving so i can put some of our plows and mowers up in the off season.
Yea no fork lift, but the neighbor has one if i need it, but i do have forks for the skid loader thats how we get the plows, sprayer tank, and pallets of misc. stuff up there. This place has electricity thats included and it also has a keypad gate. the only problem is there is no heat, but this year we are going to hang 6mil plastic from the rafters down and try to heat just our couple thousand square feet with our gas heaters, at least while we are working in there.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.