• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

My simple and small trailer Mowing rig.

OP
Mattmowsgrass

Mattmowsgrass

LawnSite Senior Member
I considered it, I actually usually use a handheld, but we were getting some rain so I brought the backpack.
It’s a 5x8 so I haven’t a lot of room, the other side has the spare tire and, I need the front available because that’s where I strap the equipment in from, and don’t want anything in the way.
Yes, I enjoy the bobcat.

OP
Mattmowsgrass

Mattmowsgrass

LawnSite Senior Member
Good ole Echo blower there! Thumbs Up We don’t have to lock ours down like that tho... quite trustworthy folks out here in NE..
I had an echo hand blower stolen from me in 2018 my first year in business.

In may I had someone break into my garage and steal my echo2620 edger, and my brand new less then one week old, FS91R trimmer.
Damn Thiefs

One-Man Lawn

LawnSite Member
I love your setup! What model Bobcat is that? I'm still researching options for the 2021 season. And are you happy with the 5x8? I was thinking of going with a 6x10 or something like that. I currently have a trailer, not sure what size, but I just use it for yard cleanups. My biggest piece is my push mower, so the back of my truck works for now.

OP
Mattmowsgrass

Mattmowsgrass

LawnSite Senior Member
Thanks, The bobcat is an 2006 ransomes hydro, It’s great, I only use it though on Monday and Wednesday, occasionally on Thursday.
I usually use my Toro commercial 21, and the worldlawn, honestly for me the worldlawn 32 is way more productive, for me.
I intentionally bought the 5x8 because I wanted a smaller simpler set up, and it works great for me, but with a short bed truck and small trailer with equipment, one or two houses of leaves can send me right to the dump. 5x8 bounces a lot when you go fast and go over these MI potholes. But I’d rather not have a huge trailer.