• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

My starting lineup for spring.....

stonedawg

LawnSite Member
16ft dbl axle trailer
60in Country Clipper, 23HP kohler, Approx. 300hrs.
Shindiawa 22T hompro trimmer
Echo (handheld) blower

Am I kidding myself or is this a good start???

Greg313

LawnSite Member
I've got a 22T also, have had it for 5-7 years. It's never been serviced and I just do the regular changing of the spark plug and air filter and still starts up with 2-3 pulls. Great weedeater but I will be buying a T260 or T270 this spring for some more power and use the 22T as a back up.
The blower is okay (if PB-200) but lacks some power and CFM's but gets the job done. I have the same one and will change that out for a Shin in the spring also, just not sure which one I want yet.
Good Start!!! Might need a gate mower though.

Sean Adams

LawnSite Gold Member
Focus on getting clients to fit your equipment...I would also look into a backpack blower if it fits in your budget...you'll know what I mean when you have to blow wet spring grass off of a 50x30 driveway

newz7151

LawnSite Silver Member
Greg313 said:
I've got a 22T also, have had it for 5-7 years. It's never been serviced and I just do the regular changing of the spark plug and air filter and still starts up with 2-3 pulls. Great weedeater but I will be buying a T260 or T270 this spring for some more power and use the 22T as a back up.
The blower is okay (if PB-200) but lacks some power and CFM's but gets the job done. I have the same one and will change that out for a Shin in the spring also, just not sure which one I want yet.
Good Start!!! Might need a gate mower though.
Might want to hold off on that blower purchase for a little while. Saw somewhere in a magazine that Shinny will be introducing like 2 new handheld blowers sometime in 06.

Greg313

LawnSite Member
Might want to hold off on that blower purchase for a little while. Saw somewhere in a magazine that Shinny will be introducing like 2 new handheld blowers sometime in 06.

Thanks will keep my eyes open!!

jake65

LawnSite Member
Sean Adams said:
Focus on getting clients to fit your equipment...I would also look into a backpack blower if it fits in your budget...you'll know what I mean when you have to blow wet spring grass off of a 50x30 driveway
what if you don't have equipment yet? Do I buy my equipment to fit my customers when I get them? I was going to advertise this winter\spring and depending on the outcome, I will purchase the equipment to suit the needs of the lawns aquired. I am more concerned with the decision between ztr or wb.

Jake