Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What'dya think? If I had to critique it myself, I'd say there might be a little too much info on there, but I decided to leave it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what kind of turnout do you guys get from these pull tab store flyers? i've heard stories of price shoppers, but what about the good calls?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I like it. It is a lot of info for pull-tab type flyer though. The bullets helps make a lot of info look easier to read.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I was afraid of guys. Usually people at grocery stores just pass by, see the words "lawn care" and pull a tab off. Most probably dont' call, forget, or lose the tiny tab. I wish there was a way for them to take more info along with them, but those would be some big arse tabs.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I like it, I would think about dropping the part about being a college student. That makes me think of the neighbor kid mowing some grass for spending money. What I mean by that is, it doesn't sound like a person that devotes their life to lawn care.

Also, I would drop the fully insured. It sounds nice, but I will guarantee you that you are not fully insured.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put college student in there because some people are understanding about lawn care being solely summer work here. They know what it's like to put yourself through college. I thought about leaving it out because of the reason you mentioned. Had to go one way or the other. As for being fully insured, I have enough insurance to cover anything. Even if I blew up 3 houses on the street, it would be covered. So in short, I just put Fully Insured. I obviously have proof if they need it. thanks for the comments guys

·
Registered
217 Posts
I actually did a little testing on this i had a flyer similar to yours, that included all my accolades, that i put in a few stores, and then i had my sister-in-law make me one
(wife told me she was good at it)...it was a clipart guy on a mower, company name, and phone number...but on yellow paper

guess which one worked better...(i know because i always ask "how did you hear about us?) ...the yellow one...

·
Registered
932 Posts
I like it, in general.
A few ideas I had which may help

Think about making your name bigger, so it is seen first.
You could put the picture you are using as a sort of background, which frees up a lot of room to make your company name stand out.

Just a thought. I do agree with the colored paper, although you have to watch how your picture comes out on it, or actually cut and paste it onto the flyer.

I made some of mine this year on bright green paper stock for the same reason Timinkc mentioned.

Good luck with it!

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Hi Expert Lawns,

Your flyer looks good. Just a suggestion, could you put more tabs on there? Maybe have them on 3 sides? That would allow it to be up longer without having to replace it.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Usually the flyers are removed by the store long before all the tabs are gone.. Most boards are cleaned off once a week around here...

Derek

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I figure if I get one new customer per season from the flyers....it was successful. I am at the grocery store 1-2 times a week any way so it is no big deal to check for and replace the flyers as needed...

cheap advertising......

Derek

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's what I was thinking derek. It takes 3 seconds to throw a flyer up there. if i get a few calls out of it, that's cool. if not, then i haven't really lost anything. worth a shot

Gopher, i made that flyer in a bout 15 minutes on microsoft publisher. i couldn't figure out how to get more tabs on there. i think derek is right, the flyer will be taken down before all the tabs are gone.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Originally posted by Expert Lawns
I put college student in there because some people are understanding about lawn care being solely summer work here. They know what it's like to put yourself through college. I thought about leaving it out because of the reason you mentioned. Had to go one way or the other. As for being fully insured, I have enough insurance to cover anything. Even if I blew up 3 houses on the street, it would be covered. So in short, I just put Fully Insured. I obviously have proof if they need it. thanks for the comments guys
I was going to put fully insured on my ads, but my insurance agent advised me not to. I have 2 million in liability insurance but that doesn't mean I am covered for everything that could possibly go wrong. There is always a possibility of a loop hole or something that could get me sued for advertising fully insured. I was told that no one is ever fully insured.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Well i added tarriest to my policy just for fun:D :D

I don't think to many residential customers look for insured lco, but commercial do and they'll tell you what you need.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would drop the college thing IMO, just because you might attract cheapo's looking for a deal more then you would customers that pay more for peace of mind and the feeling they have a true pro on their property.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Interesting comments guys, thanks.
Soupy, you're right. There are always loop holes in the way we word certain things. The chances of it becoming a legal issue are slim to none.......but weirder things have happened.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.