Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over this season I have ran quite a few different trimmers and thought I would share some of my personal opnions. In most cases these trimmers were used in 7-10 day rural home yards, ditches, thick and tall grass, and what many of you guys would probably call normal use and all with .095 Gatorline square line.

1. Husqvarna 323L- This trimmer is my newest purchase and my favorite so far when doing normal yards. The trimmer is light at only 9lbs and has plenty of pep to it with high rpms. I really like the way this trimmer is balanced and you can "sweep" the head from side to side easily. It usually starts on the second or third pull and the head is very easy to re-twine.

2. Stihl FS-80 - Ive got three of these guys and love them, they are showing some age at 7yrs old but run good (when they start) The power is a little bit more than the Husqvarna in more over grown grass. They are balanced well and have a good feel to them. I prefer the FS-80 over the FS 90/110 in normal yards due to it being able to rev a little higher than the 4mix engine and its also a little lighter at a little over 10lbs.

3. Stihl FS-90 - Probably the best all in one trimmer, not too heavy, good power, good rpms and a well balanced feel. Its torquey and plenty of power to use a blade or tackle over grown thick grass. No vibration and not too bad on weight. In weekly yards I do prefer the 323L and FS80/85 due to weight.
4. Stihl FS-110 - Pretty much the same as the FS 90 in my opnion but it seems a little heavier, good grunt and maybe a little more torque than the 90. Dependability has been great except I have 1 110 down with a loss of compression.
5. Echo 261T- Plenty of power and a smooth engine of this trimmer makes it great in overgrown grass. The weight is about the same as the FS80/85. There is no vibration with this trimmer, I like the handles being padded. The head sucks and it seems like the gaurd cuts the twine short. I think that this trimmer would be extremely durable, but I am not a fan of how this trimmer feels compared to the stihls and husqvarna. I think that with the gaurd removed and a speed feed head would make it a great trimmer.

6. Echo 210- Great trimmer for the Price and makes decent power for 21cc's. Its not a trimmer I would want to get into huge overgrowth with but is excellent on regualrly mowed lawns. I know guys that mow commerically with the 2100 (older 210) and have used them for years with no problems. The trimmer is pretty light and has no vibrations with the padded handles.

7. Echo 215- At 25cc's I expected more, I think the 261 and 251 share the same size engine but the 261 definately has more power, I dont like the newer style handles that is on this trimmer as compared to the handle that is on the 261t and the 210. Great trimmer for the cash and is very durable.

8. Shindawia 261x- This trimmer is for sale, its heavy and vibrates, I know alot of you guys like the shindy 230 and 260 so they must be better than the 261. The head is the non speed feed version just the bump and is horrible. This trimmer does start extremely easy and seems to have a decent ammount of power for 24cc's.

Again these are my thoughts, I know different trimmers work better for different people but I figured some of you guys would like an opnion.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I Like My 2(two) Husqvarna 323c Love The Curve Less Walking Around Trees And Head Stones, Light Weight Enough Power I Use .08 String In Them. I Going To Pick Up A Curved Shidawa (not Sure Of The Spelling ) Tomorrow Or What Size It Is Was Recommended To Me By Another Lco I Will See How It Works.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
I was hoping you had some Robins in the mix. You'd be surprised. I own 2 Robins and 2 FS85's. Initially I didn't like the 85's because they were so loud and burned my arm a little but, I have accumulated a lot of Stihl stuff and it's growing on me. I do prefer the Robin trimmers though. Tony

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to post how hot the fs80/85 could be if touching your elbow to the top of the engine cover. The same goes for the 261T Echo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
After using an FS130, I'm oficially a Stihl 4-mix fan. I prefer it over my FS250R, especially in the weight department.:clapping:
Having owned nearly a dozen different trimmers, the FS130 was the first one that made my jaw drop. A little on the heavy side after a while, but the unrelenting power makes any job a breeze - If not, dare I say, fun.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Having owned nearly a dozen different trimmers, the FS130 was the first one that made my jaw drop. A little on the heavy side after a while, but the unrelenting power makes any job a breeze - If not, dare I say, fun.
Compared to the FS250, it's about a pound lighter and I could cerrtainly feel it. It doesn't rev as much but it has more torque, is much quieter, easier to start, uses less fuel, and vibrates less. Everything about it is better in my opinion.:drinkup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You're just happy he liked the fs90r.

M&M, try a redmax and post what you think?
I almost bought a Redmax, I think it was the 25cc one? But I opted for the Husky 323L. I have two buddies that have redmax and like them, the reason I didnt buy it was because I wanted a light trimmer. There is a top notch redmax dealer in my area and alot of guys around here like them. Which version is around 25cc's?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.