Lawn Care Forum banner

My Truck and custom built stainless Trailer

12K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  deere615 
#1 ·
Heres some pics of my Truck and Trailer. The trailer my dad built, he had always wanted to build one. It is a 5x10, works good for me know but I may get a bigger one next year. It is all stainless(he got the angle from some one he knows for free) The mesh on the gate is galvanized. I had to put a lift asisst on because the mesh was so heavy. I bought my Truck in Feb 07, paid for myself, along with all my equipment which is soon to come. Heres a whole bunch of pics:
Building Floor Flooring Wood Engineering

Its some pretty thick expanded steel!
Wood Composite material Beam Engineering Metal

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I also added a tongue tool box
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

Building Floor Flooring Wood Engineering

Wood Composite material Beam Engineering Metal

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

See less See more
#2 ·
I built a really nice shelf inside the tongue box to help hold stuff
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Trunk Gas

Building the landscape box for the trailer
Building Wood Flooring Gas Machine

Pet supply Gas Shelving Metal Wood

Tire Wheel Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Trunk Gas

Building Wood Flooring Gas Machine

Pet supply Gas Shelving Metal Wood

Tire Wheel Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire

#3 ·
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle

Pics from when I first brought it
Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car

Miles when I brought it, now I have over 127,000 Still running strong:weightlifter:
Odometer Speedometer Trip computer Gauge Tachometer

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car

Odometer Speedometer Trip computer Gauge Tachometer

#4 ·
Last few for tonight, I will have to put a few more on tommorrow
4.8L V8 It was and still is really clean
Hood Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Hood Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

#5 ·
Nice Truck/trailer. That thing has alot of miles on it! especially for the year. i only have 117 and mines a 98. That trailer looks overloaded allready, even without everything on it. You should have went with the tandem axels.

#8 ·
Nice Truck/trailer. That thing has alot of miles on it! especially for the year. i only have 117 and mines a 98. That trailer looks overloaded allready, even without everything on it. You should have went with the tandem axels.
Thanks, ya it is alot of miles I think they were all highway though. Actually the trailer is not as heavy as it looks. Springs are fine. I have hauled a few pretty heavy steel beams and such to the scrap yard no problem
I like the tongue tool box!
Thanks ya I brought it told hold straps, trimmer string Etc, it fills up fast though lol

#9 ·
Heres a few more, I will have to get a pic or 2 of the inside of my truck tommorrow.
Truck, Tractor, quad at my camp:
Tire Wheel Plant Car Vehicle

Truck and quad at home:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Window

better pic of my lightbar, I would like to get an led though:
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Amber Automotive mirror

Tire Wheel Plant Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Window

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Amber Automotive mirror

#10 ·
nice setup, i like the 1/2 ton and the trailer, but what do you have in the bed of you truck in the last pics? it seems to be sagging a little bit.

#11 ·
nice setup, i like the 1/2 ton and the trailer, but what do you have in the bed of you truck in the last pics? it seems to be sagging a little bit.
Nothing is in the bed, trailer is hooked up lol

#12 ·
i hope that trailer was fully loaded, cause if not, it's one heavy trailer.

#14 ·
i hope that trailer was fully loaded, cause if not, it's one heavy trailer.
Yes it was it had every piece of equipment I have on it, that was the day I was taken pics of everything, which I will get up soon. That actually is not sagging to bad, I have had it worst that was why I wanted a 3/4 ton, hopefully in a year or 2 I will get one:)
dude do you have any idea how much that trailer is worth just for scrap?
Heck ya, Thats why it is in my garage every night! But that trailer will last a very long time!

#15 ·
Yes it was it had every piece of equipment I have on it, that was the day I was taken pics of everything, which I will get up soon. That actually is not sagging to bad, I have had it worst that was why I wanted a 3/4 ton, hopefully in a year or 2 I will get one:)

Heck ya, Thats why it is in my garage every night! But that trailer will last a very long time!
ok just makin sure. but that trailer looks heavy regarless. one thing i would recomend until the time at hich you can upgarde toi a 3/4 ton is to add some leaf spring helpers, or air bags, or timbrens, it will greatly improve your abilty to safely haul a load.

#16 ·
nice truck/trailer it looks real sharp.

#17 ·
ok just makin sure. but that trailer looks heavy regarless. one thing i would recomend until the time at hich you can upgarde toi a 3/4 ton is to add some leaf spring helpers, or air bags, or timbrens, it will greatly improve your abilty to safely haul a load.
Thanks for the ideas, I already have timbrens on the front and back. I would like to get 3/4 ton springs though
nice truck/trailer it looks real sharp.
Thanks!

#22 ·
My opinion..........instead of jumping to a 3/4 ton get a 1 ton dump...........MUCH more useful. You can still do your mowing as well as haul and expand into more work.
I would like to get a 3/4 ton first then a dump after that. I don't know if I would sell my 1500 or not
Nice pictures!
Thanks
The only problem with that is that his truck is prob a work/personal truck. I doubt he would want to be driving a dump truck everywhere.
ya, exactly

#23 ·
#24 ·
Nice Trailer!!!

#25 ·
I really like that custom shelf inside the tongue box on the trailer !!

#26 ·
I really like that custom shelf inside the tongue box on the trailer !!
Thanks! My dad had made one but screwed up the angle. So I spent about 2 hrs, measure 25 times, cut/bend once lol. It turned out nice and works great. It is basically a really snug fit, but it is also rivited on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.