Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by pullingrass, Dec 16, 2008.
All Feed Back Is Needed!!!
I like the clean feel, perhaps you should narrow the width of teh site down to better serve people with lower screen resolutions?
Sorry I wrote more but I took to long... here is a copy and paste...
I like the clean feel (mostly inspired by the white background and choice of font), perhaps you should narrow the width of the site to better serve people with lower screen resolutions?
I like the way you worded the free design consultation, seemed non intrusive and helpful.. it even made me, acting as a potential customer, get the urge to call you for one. (Just so you know the psychological pattern how I received that urge, I looked over your before and after design photo's on the home page (picDSCN2330_resized.jpg), thought it was pretty cool, then read the free consultation note right next to it. It did its job, I wouldn't change that at all. except maybe add your phone number at the end of the paragraph.)
Maybe take some of the other stuff below that and put it on another page... people tend to not scroll to read selling information. Clicking on something they want to read more about on the other hand....
I was thinking about the width thing.... I'll work on that this week..
Please do. Ideally your site should fit entirely into a 800 x 600 view port without horizontal scrolling. Once you fix that I will take another look.
looks good, but as mentioned change the size, and check your typos, I saw one on the about us page said "landscapi". Other than that looks rad, but I personally don't like an all white background, seems kind of harsh, but that's me.
Condense the page titles to under 35 characters.
Keep the page width under 980 pixels for those who do not have wide screens.
No one will want to scroll horizontally (especially to see your phone number).
Add some dimension to the page with color on the background.
The Free Consultation page is way too busy on the eyes when reading.
I will take another look later.
I had a chance to review your website. You asked for some feedback so I'll give you mine. Take note that these are my opinions and not everyone may agree on my methods. Here we go.
1. As mentioned already your page width shouldn't go beyond 980px. Nobody wants to side scroll and if your site doesn't show properly on a potential clients computer, that doesn't look good.
2. Having <meta> tags is a good thing (but not as important as they use to be) just make sure you are using them correctly. Make sure to comma separate your keywords, and cut the number of them down. Try and be as descriptive as possible and get away from the one word keywords. You'll find that you will be competing with other websites for the keyword 'landscaping' approx 3 million. So you will never show up in Google for that. Do some research to find out what fits your company best.
3. I see what you are trying to do with the fancy script fonts. But the list under 'Designs' is very hard to read. I can only imaging what they look like to someone without clear type enabled. I would stick with a font that is easy to read. Also the nav for the site is really not user friendly, text images floating on a white background gets lost. Try and revamp that.
5. Your title is waaaaaaaay too long. Don't let search engines pass you by. Be short and as descriptive as you can be. Include your company name and areas you service. You don't need (and shouldn't) to include a tag line here.
6. It may be just me but your phone number on your header image doesn't even look like a phone number. Make it more obvious (I could be wrong here).
7. Your 'free design consult' image is crazy huge. Don't forget to optimize all of your images on your site. That one image will make for slow download speeds for your visitors. Some browsers load the entire page before anything is displayed. You may even get a timeout.
I am assuming that you did the design yourself and I really dig that. The site does need improvements but you are well on your way. It looks like you offer a great service and your designs seem top notch. I really believe your site needs to reflect your service.
If you have any questions about my comments you can contact me at
I've resized it to fit my 15 in laptop... Thats as small as I'll be making it... I've got to go through and resize the pictures? are you guys having problems with the loading times?
The site is really "home-made" it's with a blank template from www.Homestead.com $25 bucks a month package is pretty good... and i can change anything i want at any time without calling someone up and them taking my money...( even though 99% of the time their service pays itself back). It's something to look at in the future...