Lawn Care Forum banner

My website

12K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  ShaneysLawnCare 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I need some help with any new ideas, suggestions, critical criticism. Please help me out on improving my website anyway possible thanks.
www.shaneyslawncare.com
Brian Schoenrock

#2 ·
Ok well I will start with my 2cents. Looks good overall, nice and simple. Your list of services on home page has two colors of black or brown, makes it look like a fill in the blank website templet. I would would not say you are available to answer calls 24/7. this is a service you may provide to commercial property managers but not everyone, at least I know I will not be answering my phone at midnight. Are those pics of the stripes your? I not saying they are not but they look familiar, or maybe you posted them on the strips thread? Last pics of your truck, the grey Ford in front of a house with garage door open, screams you work out of your garage on the weekends.

Ok thats just my opinion, take it for what it is worth.

#3 ·
Thank you, all the stripes are mine I have posted them in the "stripes" thread, I will have to come up with something else about the 24/7 calls like you said, I liked your idea. The truck pics will be updated after this weekends photos at the shop. Do you have any better idea's for stripes, maybe like let leave mower in pic? I am not sure just let me know. Thanks for the ideas and help Brian

#4 ·
I don't have any better ideas for the stripe pics, I think they look good the way they are. I was just curious because they looked familiar. Plus I am in Texas so what do I know about stripes. One more thing since you are going www. Any google search of your company will also lead customers to all your posts on here, just fyi

#5 ·
I would add an "about" tab, talk yourself up or maybe tell the story of how your business came to be. Get some certifications like ICPI level one, NCMA SRW, or the tree one(I forget what its called). Do some charity work no matter how small and get that on your site, community involvement has recently become highly desireable to potential clients. Bells and whistles add up and win bids. Get a merchant account so you can put visa mastercard etc. up there. Here is my site which we will be revamping next season and updating our gallery which is about 12 good before and afters shy of what we have done this season. I would like some feed back on mine as well. www.pandblandscaping.com

#7 ·
And to you P&B I would say under maintenance make all your listings start capital letters, I understand you are redoing and revamping your website, a better font choice might be in store, other then that under hardscapes, under your choices, I would add a picture example of each, otherwise the page is just BLAH! didnt get my attention, no color.
Thanks Brian!

#10 ·
I didn't read all of the feedback, but I will later. One thing that bothered me a little was your pay now page. I did a test and it brought me to a intuit payment page (very cool...link with your quickbooks?) But it didn't say your company name on it. Just raised a flag for me.

#15 ·
I would start with the homepage where you list services. You tried to list them in "columns" but the second and third ones are lower. My guess is your using wordpress?

Secondly I would create pages for each services so you can explain them better The reason for creating pages for everything is more chances someone will find you when they do a google search.

I think selling t-shirts on your site is a bad idea, as ef200098 said give them away. Their your customers. But if you do sell them, do it at request, putting that on the website just doesn't sit right in my mind and if I was looking at your site from a consumers perspective it would put me off a little. Your website should be more about your services and not "Pay your bill" "Buy t-shirts" ect.

#16 ·
I do like the way you guys put that, we do give most of our shirts away, but January through March we put a $2 mark up on them and make it known all profit goes to snowcare for troops and project evergreen. I wont be putting it on the website.

#18 ·
Ok, since the original posting of this a lot has changed! Check out our new website and also here is a list of what is currently going on with Shaney's

Here is a basic summary:
Well I am making it a goal to get on here much more often to kick off the 2015 season! Since I originally posted back in 2012 we have grown a lot. We are no longer Shaney's Lawn Care & Landscaping LLC, we have become Shaney's Group, Inc. with this change many new things are coming. There are Shaney's Snow & Ice Management, Shaney's Maintenance , Shaney's Hardscapes, Shaney's Landscape, and Shaney's Pond & Excavating these are all divisions under neither the group. So far the Maintenance, Landscape, and Hardscape all have full crews with room for two more in the Landscape division they do all the new lawns installations and mulch/stone bed/planting new/renovation jobs. We have been adding trucks and currently have 6 for summer use.
I will be getting pictures up and be keeping everyone posted on projects and maintenance for the 2015 season!
Thanks

#19 ·
So sorry. I don't like the black on green Big S in your logo on the first page. Very poor contrast.
It looks like "Haneys" landscape.

For commercial snow and ice management. Many companies, stores, banks, and hospitals are deathly afraid of customer slip and fall accidents. Lawyers are just waiting to sue businesses all winter. Keep this concern in mind when selling snow removal. And be willing to apply lots of salt to sidewalks

#20 ·
So sorry. I don't like the black on green Big S in your logo on the first page. Very poor contrast.

For commercial snow and ice management. Many companies, stores, banks, and hospitals are deathly afraid of customer slip and fall accidents. Lawyers are just waiting to sue businesses all winter. Keep this concern in mind when selling snow removal. And be willing to apply lots of salt to sidewalks
The S is being worked on right now. This has been a common complaint since the change in names. And as far as the salting goes, that is nothing new, we actually offer a snow removal policy called a "no slip" which means if there is a chance of a fall we are there. We have been offering this for the last 3 years and as an incentive for them to go with it we actually have our insurance cover 50% of the fall incident costs which thank fully in the last 3 years has been 0 :)!
Are you guys a LLC or an INC?
Posted via Mobile Device

#21 ·
For anyone who is still following take a peak, we have been throwing money time and energy at the website, I think from the original one I built to now is a huge turnaround! Plus we got a gallery which is growing each and everyday!

#22 ·

As far as the fall concern we are actually one of 3 companys in our market that offer a "no slip" policy anyone who chooses this program gets a babysitter 1-2 hours before the event during the entire event and 4-6 hours after event until all water is or has ran off or dried up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.