Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the shop today doing the trimming around the building and about 15 feet away from the building there is an electric fence. Well, picture this, "I was dripping wet from sweat and I backed into the fence." I can still feel it 2 hours later.

· Banned
2,420 Posts
I had a helper once who said electric fences didn't bother him.
He touched one a customer had for Horses.
I guess he didn't know they came in different voltages.
It knocked him down!
Then he couldn't move his arm for a while.

Dave

· Registered
1,142 Posts
Well here's a good one.Had a dog and she was always runnin' off . Got an electric fence and that kept her in the yard. Well she went into heat and every dog in the area learned about electric fences. One bold dog decided he was gonna mark the area as his "turf". As I watched, he lifted his leg and released a strem, right on the wire ! He yelped and yelped and yelped as he ran off into the distance.........never saw that dog again.

· Registered
810 Posts
I also work at a horse farm and must see a horse a day get brave and touch some of that hot wire, although its pretty funny to see a 1000 lb animal fart and jump at the same. So Tideman I sure can understand how that felt!

· Registered
131 Posts
Originally posted by Atlantic Lawn
Well here's a good one.Had a dog and she was always runnin' off . Got an electric fence and that kept her in the yard. Well she went into heat and every dog in the area learned about electric fences. One bold dog decided he was gonna mark the area as his "turf". As I watched, he lifted his leg and released a strem, right on the wire ! He yelped and yelped and yelped as he ran off into the distance.........never saw that dog again.
Reminds me of a time when I was in the National Guard and we were heading to Wisconsin. We stopped the convoy for a whiz break and there was an electric fence that happened to be there. We wagered a not so bright E-2 to pee on it. Good thing there wasn't much of a charge. Could have burnt a little more than it did.

We had no idea he'd be that stupid

· Registered
4,531 Posts
I touch one when I was about 8 years old. I thought that my sister ,who was standing next to me, smacked me on the back!

· Registered
1,124 Posts
I was going to the creek to fish one day when I was about ten in WV. Well I strateled (sp) that fence but could not lift either leg without getting good jolt. Must have tried three or four times before I bailed and took it on the you know where.

· Registered
3,502 Posts
fella came a courting my daughter. his boxer dog got tangled in our electric fence. so he grabs it. it was undoubtably the most gutty thing i ever seen . he calmly let it go and commented ,,,that things ,got juice on it. talk about holdin u cool. the ultimate . he married my daughter,,too. boys got some sand toim.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.