• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Naming my business

Joe45

LawnSite Member
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site. With some extra time on my hands this winter I have been trying to get all of my ducks in a row for the upcoming lawn care season. I'm getting ready to apply for an LLC but first I need to get my business name right. That's where I need some help. I'm keeping the exact name confidential until I get my LLC. I like the sound of ________ Lawns. The only problem is that I would also like to get the .com domain name available as well (________ Lawns.com is not available). A solution to fix that problem would be to tweak the name and make it ________ Lawnz (.com domain available). Is there anything wrong with misspelling your lawn care business name like that. Will it adversely affect search results for the name online? I've only found one other company that uses the misspelled version of the word (Lawns to Lawnz). Do any of you use it or know of anyone that does? Is there a reason that it doesn't get used? Thank You and I look forward to hearing your replies as I could really use some advice.

Matthews Lawn Care

LawnSite Gold Member
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site. With some extra time on my hands this winter I have been trying to get all of my ducks in a row for the upcoming lawn care season. I'm getting ready to apply for an LLC but first I need to get my business name right. That's where I need some help. I'm keeping the exact name confidential until I get my LLC. I like the sound of ________ Lawns. The only problem is that I would also like to get the .com domain name available as well (________ Lawns.com is not available). A solution to fix that problem would be to tweak the name and make it ________ Lawnz (.com domain available). Is there anything wrong with misspelling your lawn care business name like that. Will it adversely affect search results for the name online? I've only found one other company that uses the misspelled version of the word (Lawns to Lawnz). Do any of you use it or know of anyone that does? Is there a reason that it doesn't get used? Thank You and I look forward to hearing your replies as I could really use some advice.
Lawnz is gimmicky and will generally attract gimmicky customers.

Why gotta be all confidential? I highly doubt anyone that would hijack your biz name has $500 to burn on forming an llc.

rclawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
Joey Lawnz LLC. That would be sick bro! Or instead of Lawnz, do Cutz.

or “Joey’s Lawns and Landscaping” or similar. But only add the landscaping part if you offer extra services. Don’t want to go disappoint people, lol.

OP
J

Joe45

LawnSite Member
Hi everyone, I'm working on a business name for my lawn business. I'm thinking of Valley Turfworks. Valley because I live in the Bitterroot Valley. My question is will people confuse my name with a sod laying company instead of lawn maintenance?