NAPA OIL FILTERS?

Mowman

LawnSite Senior Member
I've heard people say they are no good. I'm friends with the NAPA owner in my town and he said NAPA filters are made for NAPA by WIX's. In the filter battle several months ago I thought WIX filters were one of the best you could buy. Any thoughts? What brand filters do you all use? Mowman

plowking35

LawnSite Bronze Member
Yes I would and do use them. yes they are made by wix, and they are one of the best available.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

geogunn

LawnSite Gold Member
most everyone has a favorite filter or brand of oil.<p>can anyone here document an engine failure related to an oil filter? I assume the same could be asked of hydro fluid filters.<p>to answer the question, sure I'd use NAPA filters if I shopped there and the price was better. I shop at wally world and use fram filters so why not.<p>GEO

pottstim

LawnSite Senior Member
Wix is a great filter. My dad and I either use Wix or Fram, along with Pennzoil motor oil.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: pottstim

Barkleymut

LawnSite Bronze Member
Not only would I use Napa/Wix filters, I do. They are the best, I can't remember the website but some guy compared them all and determined Wix to be the best. Pennzoil is made by Allied Signal, also the makers of Fram. The Pennzoil/Fram filters were judged the worst. Maybe someone here can post the link to the study, I can't find it.

Barkleymut

LawnSite Bronze Member
By the way, this guy had a testimonial from a guy who worked at Fram who said that the filters they were making were junk. I don't know diddly about filters but I took their word for it.

dfor

LawnSite Senior Member
Here is the address http://members.xoom.com/minimopar/oilfilterstudy.html<br>I don't know how to have it come up as a link. If anyone knows please explain. Thanks.