1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

NAPA OIL FILTERS?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Jul 24, 2000.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Platinum Member

Click On Edit (this post) and you can see how it is done.<p>&lt;a href=&quot;http://members.xoom.com/minimopar/oilfilters.html&quot;&gt; Oil Filter Study &lt;/a&gt;<p>I have used Wix and I think they are good filters, but after reading this numerous times, I still haven't read where this dude says that Wix are the best. <p><font size="1">Edited by: Keith

2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

I dont think he said they were the best, but in the top 2-3.<br>BTW his test was done purely by cutting the filter apart and looking at the media and by pass spring and retainer.<br>There was no actual testing of the filter to see how it did screing the oil.<br>the point about engine failure being tracked back to a filter is exactly what the former frame employee was quoted as being frams in house motto. Why build a good one when a cheapy will get us by.<br>What he did find in the Allied Signal made filters, was the bypass spring and retainer so poorly made that in more than 50% of the filters, the oil would just bypass the filter. So you had in effect no filtration.<br>I think that regular changing of the oil and filters, is what gives longevity to our engines. <br>Dino