Narrowed my search to 3 mowers, help me decide!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by JerryT, Apr 16, 2019.

1. JerryT

JerryT LawnSite Member

Spent all day driving around looking for a new mower to replace my Toro ZMaster and I've narrowed the search to 3 mowers. Listed in probable order of preference are a 2018 Hustler that is new and will come with the full warranty, 60 inch with the Kawi FX 850 for 10,300. For a grand more I can get a 2019 model which is the same unit but with a different style of air ride seat. Second choice would probably be a Ferris 3200 with the 61 inch and the Kawi FX1000 for 10,500 and finally a Husky PZ 60 with a Kawi FX 921 for 9,299.00. One of the Hustler dealers is offering one extra year free warranty plus free flex forks on the SuperZ if I hold off and buy it during their "Mower Days" promo that they have coming up in 2 weeks. The price of that unit out the door cash is 11,350. What are your professional opinions on my selections and secondly, if I do go with the SuperZ, are the flex forks worth the wait and what would amount to an extra grand over the price of the 2018 unit? Thanks for your help!! I'm a one man operation with 15 residential accounts.

2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

You’re buying too much mower for 15 residential accounts.
    Don’t over invest in mowing until it takes off
    If it does take off you can easily justify a second mower
    If it doesn’t you could get a huge contract to fall in your lap that needs 21s and your 11k mower sits collecting dust.

I’ve seen that happen more times than I can count.

Chvysb350 and Cam15 like this.
  3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Happened to me.

Chvysb350 and sjessen like this.
  4. ltdlawn

ltdlawn LawnSite Silver Member

Unless said 15 accounts are acreage, then may be justified.

Ridin' Green and Doc8406 like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    JerryT

JerryT LawnSite Member

I appreciate your input but I've got plenty to mow, I'm just trying to decide which of the mowers I listed and the prices seems like the best deal to you guys.

ARN Greencare likes this.
  6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

get the husqvarna. it will leave the best cut out of the 3.

7. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Silver Member

I'd get the Ferris.

ggb6259 likes this.
  8. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

Ferris but get the vanguard. Get the ride. You will love it.

ggb6259, hort101 and Cam15 like this.
  9. Anthony Divit

Anthony Divit LawnSite Member
    from Pa

The response most given is always go where you get the best support. Always find out if they can give you a loaner. I had a mower go down and took them two weeks to fix and they gave me a loaner. A mower will cut the grass and a great dealer will allow you to cut on schedule.

10. Grassfire205

Grassfire205 LawnSite Senior Member

Id go with ferris and if possible go with the vanguard and the oil guard system