1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Nathan's Lawn Service (4.3mudder)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 4.3mudder, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Nick's Lawn Care

Nick's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

You like the same color handhelds as i do:weightlifter:

Nice stuff! when is the troy built going to be upgraded?

Nick

2. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

LOL, whenever I can find a exmark ztr 48 for under 1500 bucks.

The problem is I don't know if I will be able to get rid of it, it has made a ton of money, and has gotten it's money's worth, overall it has good. There are a bunch of design flaws on it though, I could go on and on about that, but at 3000 new and I was jsut getting into the biz so, I started out on a good foot.

3. Nick's Lawn Care

What about a walkbehind?

4. 4.3mudder

I had one, a 36 exmark, only main problem was it was a fixed deck with the spacers on the casters and bolts on the rear wheels. Morningside, the guy I sold it to, had a 32 non fixed deck, I should have bought it when he came to pick the mower up. And really, I didn't make enough money to justfiy keeping it because you could only do one heighth without bringing ur tools. out.

5. Nick's Lawn Care

You should of bought the 200t...:laugh::laugh:

Nick

6. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

I am also planning my front box for my small trailer. I have a 43" x 7-1/2' trailer. I know it's small (so are most of my yards) but it currently holds what I run with and is easy to put in tight places. I have 21" Toros for my regular mowing and when I do clean-up, I have my Billy Goat vacuum and 21" Snappers I will try to get some pictures some day but life is so busy (work full time with a grocery chain plus twenty yards) it may have to wait a while. On my box I want to have a place for everything I can Imagine. Since I'm handy fabricating with metal it should be real handy. Talk to you later, David

7. 4.3mudder

I have a 10 by 5 foot trailer, dove tail, 4 foot ramp, and it also has a cage on the front. It was custom made because it did not come with it when I got the trailer. I can't weld worth a darn, but I can do everything else. So I had it down by a friend of mine. Mine is 5 foot wide, 2 foot tall, by 30 inches deep, it has a lot of space, but because nothing I put in there is 2 foot tall, a lot of space is left unused, so I have to find another idea.

8. 4.3mudder

Lets not get on that subject :nono: I love that 192, plus it is easy start version ha

9. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

Luckily I took a couple years of welding at the vocational center in my first two year of High School and it comes in real handy. David

10. 4.3mudder

Well, I can weld, but it is hard for me to get it to penetrate into both metals. I get really fustrated when weld breaks.

I can tell you that steel is still high right now also.