National Association of Landscape Professionals

Discussion in 'NALP' started by Chad Smith, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Chad Smith

Chad Smith LawnSite Member

Is anyone familiar with this organization? I searched their website and was unable to locate membership costs.

EverGrow Marketing likes this.
  2. EverGrow Marketing

EverGrow Marketing Sponsor

It's $680 per year if your business makes under $5million. But for the month of November they're doing a 25% off deal on membership fees.

It's a pretty helpful community but it isn't as active as LawnSite.

However, there are a lot of other resources you can access like market research, accredidation logos for promotional materials, and even trainings and certifications for you and your employees.

It's also a better networking place IMO.

Just go to their site and hit "join" in the top right and follow the steps. They'll have pricing their.

Although it might be different for contracators versus a supplier like myself

- Jake

3. Grim_Archer

Grim_Archer LawnSite Member

Hey Jake,

Thanks again for the reply. I was looking at the certification offered through the University of Georgia for turf management. The National Association for landscape Professionals endorses it. I am thinking the certification for $ 360 is a better route than $510 for an annual membership.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  4. EverGrow Marketing

If that's all you're looking to gain then absolutely go for it. But if you're trying to get a bit more including access to other trainings, NALP is definitely a good resource to use.

-Jake

5. Grim_Archer

Grim_Archer LawnSite Member

I was looking at it from a marketing point of view. I am thinking higher end customers would value certifications over membership affiliations. Having both is not far fetched. I llooked them up earlier after seeing the logo on your website. I think for what you are doing it demonstrates a specialization in landscape marketing. (Niche)

6. EverGrow Marketing

Yeah you're right. Customers won't care much that you're a part of NALP. They just wanna know you'll do a professional job.

Well... as long as you stay away from the customers that'll drop you for the $25 guys.