1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Natural gas?

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuel Forum' started by LongIsland, Oct 31, 2019.

1. LongIsland

LongIsland LawnSite Member

Does anybody have a 37hp EFI running on natural gas? We are planning on buying a 72'' ZK with the 37hp EFI for next season just wondering if it was possible to do a natural gas conversion? We have uncompressed natural gas right at our shop so we would just need a compressor. Thanks in advance!

2. OP
    OP
    LongIsland

LongIsland LawnSite Member

Anybody?

3. JoeRagMan

JoeRagMan LawnSite Senior Member

I'll try to help, I've only used propane powered vehicles a couple of times. Natural gas and propane are different, natural gas piped into a building at 5-10 psi(?) while propane tanks are pressurized to 50psi? If you have natural gas in a building, you can not fill propane bottles as I'm not aware of any device to pressurize a propane tank. Also, natural gas regulators and orifices have to be changed to run propane on home appliances. I can say propane powered equipment will last much longer that gasoline powered because fuel burns so much cleaner.Good luck.

hort101 likes this.