Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,972 Posts
We visited with an organic fertilizer company at the Iowa State Fair Saturday. He told us that 'natural organic fertilizers' should not have an "odor". Is this right??? (We told him we tried some, but they smelled bad, and that's why we have shunned away from them so far) He also told us that 'organically-grown' corn, soybeans, etc, bring a premium price (which they do).

rscvp, thanx :confused:
yikes , stop the beat one minute I got something to say,

1) organic soy and corn in the commodity's market??? say that part again slowly, I must be dense, but give it a go and I will see if I can get it.

2) AND THIS IS REAL IMPORTANT, IF IT SMELLS LIKE $H*T IT IS MOST LIKELY BAD!!!!!!! a strong earth smell at first maybe but NEVER have a bad smell!!!

3) organics is the fastest growing segment of the green industry's!!!!

· Registered
3,972 Posts
cuda, care to elaborate on the smell, like hydrogen sulfide or ammonia? this will be an interesting turn for this thread,Ruminal microorganisms,sulfur-oxidizing bacteria, this should spice it up a little!!

· Registered
3,972 Posts
cuda, dont let that N get away!!! store it in some high C compost and then use the compost later! that's an anaerobe so maybe add some worm casts to get the good herd into your compost.

· Registered
3,972 Posts
or wash your mower, Doctor, you just cut all your patents with the same scalpel??????what shared needles are a killer.... don't wash your dinner plate????yes the dog can clean it for you????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.