Lawn Care Forum banner

NC Lawn Tax

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  DaughtryLC 
#1 ·
How about this Beverly Perdue proposing these services taxes. One being Lawn Maintenance!! Just another stab @ the little man. Check out www.wral.com
Posted via Mobile Device

#5 ·
Daughtry,

What do we do with the transition? It's one thing to always have had a tax on lawn maintenance but when you pop it out of the blue, what do you do? I'm sure my residential customers will accept it. But some of my commercial accounts are trying their best just to hang on to things. We have signed contracts with a set price. Some will say go ahead and add the tax, we understand. A few may say, we have an agreement and you have to absorb that cost until the contract ends.

Either way, I hate it. Any idea of what she's wanting, percentage wise?

#9 ·
#10 ·
I'd have to agree, I wouldn't particularly like it but it's not that big of a deal either.
Hmmmm.... That is how most taxes get imposed upon citizens, without pushback, .... "not that big of a deal...." The politicians count on "not a big deal" thinking.

Guess what? A little here, a little there, adding just a little over there, ... pretty soon, it starts to add up to real money.

#12 ·
Daughtry,

What do we do with the transition? It's one thing to always have had a tax on lawn maintenance but when you pop it out of the blue, what do you do? I'm sure my residential customers will accept it. But some of my commercial accounts are trying their best just to hang on to things. We have signed contracts with a set price. Some will say go ahead and add the tax, we understand. A few may say, we have an agreement and you have to absorb that cost until the contract ends.

Either way, I hate it. Any idea of what she's wanting, percentage wise?
I have no idea what she wants! But, with my contracts I can assure you I will not be paying it!!

#13 ·
Senate negotiators said a new budget is now likely weeks away as they search for ways to cut more from the budget and to more clearly spell out their plan to rewrite the state tax code and begin collecting sales tax on an array of services, from car repairs to lawn maintenance to manicures.

They will begin selling the plan to the public next week with an education campaign. Senators have contacted several people to speak about the concept of taxing services, including former Wachovia Corp. Chief Executive John Medlin and former Gov. Jim Hunt.

FROM> www.wral.com

#14 ·
So whats the big deal? Just pass the tax along to your customers. They dont like it maybe they should rethink who they vote in on voters day!

Communism is coming....research all Michelle boob-as sayings during the campaign, she said many comments about communism with out actually saying he word.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.