• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

NC Pesticide Help

PMLAWN

LawnSite Gold Member
New to Lawnsite, this is a great resorce. Also new to the business.(about 2 years small but this year I want to start growing.)I have not done any applications nor do I have the lic. I also do not have very much knowage about it. The first question is what is the best way to learn, short of going to Horticultural School. Is there a good training manual or books I could get that would help. Is there a way to partner with someone for a few years to do the applications and to learn from or is this asking to much from another LOC. (Kind of teaching your competition). Maybe an apprenticeship program? I have the training manuals from the state and I plan to take the test but I really want to know what I am doing before I go and do it on my own. I'm very concerned with doing the job right for my customers and not destroying my reputation or customer base. I also want to stay on good terms with the state. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help.

OP
PMLAWN

PMLAWN

LawnSite Gold Member
Thank you, Mow2nd. I believe there is one just a little south of me. I will stop by.