1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

NC Pesticide Help

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by PMLAWN, Feb 28, 2004.

1. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

New to Lawnsite, this is a great resorce. Also new to the business.(about 2 years small but this year I want to start growing.)I have not done any applications nor do I have the lic. I also do not have very much knowage about it. The first question is what is the best way to learn, short of going to Horticultural School. Is there a good training manual or books I could get that would help. Is there a way to partner with someone for a few years to do the applications and to learn from or is this asking to much from another LOC. (Kind of teaching your competition). Maybe an apprenticeship program? I have the training manuals from the state and I plan to take the test but I really want to know what I am doing before I go and do it on my own. I'm very concerned with doing the job right for my customers and not destroying my reputation or customer base. I also want to stay on good terms with the state. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help.

2. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

find a local Lesco dealer. www.lesco.com the can help you with all the questions you have about doing treatments

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Thank you, Mow2nd. I believe there is one just a little south of me. I will stop by.