• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Necrotoc Ring Spot

BIOGRASS

LawnSite Member
I have used Heritage to treat Necrotic Ring Spot in the past and have been somewhat happy with the results that have come from using it. Have any of you used other applications like Headway? Any other types? Please let me know for I have 4 lawns that I am going to renovate that have NRS.

Young Bros

LawnSite Senior Member
Just curious how do you tell the difference between NRS and summer patch? I have read the only way to tell the difference is to apply a fungicide that controls summer patch and not NRS. Mostly I think we deal with summer patch here. I did see some rings that looked a little different. Wondered if they were NRS. We have been applying Trinity round one, Fore 80wp round 2, This year we hope to incorporate a 3rd fungicide for our 3rd app. Any suggestions? One of our reps recommended TM 462. 4th app is not done very often, usually just to take care of rust, use fore again.

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
me neither as i is pretty cost prohibitive compared to renovation of the area that does die out

OP
B

BIOGRASS

LawnSite Member

Young Bros

LawnSite Senior Member
No doubt. We are not a landscaping company, and it could still be in the dirt??? Biograss, what fungi program you run? We always try to sell a core/seed with disease resistant grass alone or with fungi program on disease lawns.

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic

tlg

LawnSite Senior Member
The only way you can really identify NRS is in the lab. That being said most of the time we assume that a lawn has NRS when it's new sod on clay soil that's only been installed a few years. The customer over watering and mowing to short sure won't help the problem. Proper cultural practices are essential to help resolve the problem. Over seeding with a resistant cultivar is always going to be your best plan of attack or you will be spending way to much on fungicides that have limited impact anyway. The soil problem needs to be addressed also by topdressing with soil amendments. Aeration is also important to alleviate compaction issues but I have read some studies that suggest aeration can make the problem worse by moving around infected soil cores and infected tines spreading the pathogen. Nobody has ever said NRS was easy to deal with.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LawnSite Bronze Member
Aeration is also important to alleviate compaction issues but I have read some studies that suggest aeration can make the problem worse by moving around infected soil cores and infected tines spreading the pathogen. QUOTE]

I have always been nervous about doing that too. Last thing you want to do is spread it around! Kind of like lawns with Bentgrass growing in them-Aeration is not a good idea to do:rolleyes: