Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a scag tiger cub with a 23 horse kohler and was wondering what they are selling for.I have priced a 52" ex-mark and am trying to decide between the two.I know i've probably started a debate here but any advice would be appreciated.oh by the wat i currently have a 60" toro ztr and a 48" toro w/b,the new mower would be used primarly on my mid sized reside ntial yards,thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I think they cost about $7200 for a 52 with a 23 Kawasaki. We have two Tiger Cubs both are 48/ 19 Kawasaki we paid $6000. The Cubs are great mowers, we have only had to do routine maintenance.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
ToroLandscaper said:
Do you not like the toros? If i were you i would consider the exmark over scag.
Exmark over Scag...no way......at least on the Turf Tiger level....driveshaft is the only way to go....

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
ToroLandscaper said:
Personally no way in hell becouse i think exmark gives a hell of a cut......better than scag thats for sure i think
I like the way a exmark cuts, but for the long run the scag is the heavier duty mower........I've used them all....

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was under the impression that the Exmark & Toro mowers are one in the same, made at the same factory, etc.... Is this not true?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only thing with my toro's is they don't seem to stripe that well.I was told by my dealer the stripping kit available for my ztr is not a quality piece.HE TOLD ME THE ONE AVAILABLE ON THE EX-MARK WAS BUT not for the toro.(sorry about the caps lock)other than the striping issue i love my toro's.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
green thum said:
The only thing with my toro's is they don't seem to stripe that well.I was told by my dealer the stripping kit available for my ztr is not a quality piece.HE TOLD ME THE ONE AVAILABLE ON THE EX-MARK WAS BUT not for the toro.(sorry about the caps lock)other than the striping issue i love my toro's.
Yeah i love my toro and i have a striping kit on the way.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
ToroLandscaper said:
Ok whats so much better about scag than exmark?
Compare the two side by side....the frame and tubework makes the exmark look like a tinker toy...exmark has a mule drive belt system were as scag has a drive shaft from the motor to the gearbox on the deck...my scag has a 29 hp liquid cooled fuel injected kaw engine....exmarks are great mowers, I have two of the turf tracer walk behinds.....but they are light on the front of the decks and can wheelie on hills....I had a scag walk behind and it was built like a tank....not light in the front like my exmarks....comes down to how much you want to spend and each persons preference.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
ToroLandscaper said:
Good point but (and im not tryin to get into a argument)
But honestly which to you think gives a better cut? scag or exmark
I like the cut of the exmark.....my new scag does nice also...so for the long run I'll take my scag....also at trade in time this year I got over 4k for a 5 year old 52" turf tiger... 1100 hrs. both are great machines.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.