1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

nedd scag price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by green thum, Jul 9, 2005.

1. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

I am looking at buying a scag tiger cub with a 23 horse kohler and was wondering what they are selling for.I have priced a 52" ex-mark and am trying to decide between the two.I know i've probably started a debate here but any advice would be appreciated.oh by the wat i currently have a 60" toro ztr and a 48" toro w/b,the new mower would be used primarly on my mid sized reside ntial yards,thanks for your comments.

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I think they cost about $7200 for a 52 with a 23 Kawasaki. We have two Tiger Cubs both are 48/ 19 Kawasaki we paid $6000. The Cubs are great mowers, we have only had to do routine maintenance.

3. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you not like the toros? If i were you i would consider the exmark over scag.

4. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Exmark over Scag...no way......at least on the Turf Tiger level....driveshaft is the only way to go....

5. ToroLandscaper

Personally no way in hell becouse i think exmark gives a hell of a cut......better than scag thats for sure i think

6. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I like the way a exmark cuts, but for the long run the scag is the heavier duty mower........I've used them all....

7. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT

8. The Grass Amputator

The Grass Amputator LawnSite Member

I was under the impression that the Exmark & Toro mowers are one in the same, made at the same factory, etc.... Is this not true?

9. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

not the toro/exmark story again :cool2:

10. ToroLandscaper

Ok whats so much better about scag than exmark?