Need 32' commercial mower suggestions

oomph

LawnSite Member
I saw a suggestion for the Quick mower. What would you guys recommend as a good commercial mower for getting in through gates?

I plan on buying two new mowers this season, a 36inch stander and a 32inch for getting in through gates where my 36 can't.

Any advice would be great.

tony b

LawnSite Member
I wouldn't buy a 32 and 36. We do some fenced lawns witha 32 but all of our other wb's are bigger 48 or 52. No point in doubling up on small wb's when a larger one isn't that much more $. What if you had to cut 2+ acers with those things. We even cut small lawns with the larger wb's with side bags.

OP
O

oomph

LawnSite Member
Are 36's capable of making it into most backyards?

How agile are the 32" Wright standers?

What are my options in the 32 size range aside from Quick and Wright?

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
Why would you get a 32" and only step up to a 36 as your bigger mower? If getting into gates is the problem, go with a 32, then go with a 48 or 52 for a large mower.

BOP is going to be releasing a new 52 walk behind very soon. I have a 36 dually that I just love. It's so easy to operate that I can almost cut as fast as my 61 Scag! If I can afford it I want a 44 or the new 52 dually.

OP
O

oomph

LawnSite Member
I'll most likely get two smaller width mowers, because I plan on having two crews and supply each crew with a mower that can get through gates.

Most my lots will be smaller residential stuff.

ralph02813

LawnSite Bronze Member
I saw a suggestion for the Quick mower. What would you guys recommend as a good commercial mower for getting in through gates?

I plan on buying two new mowers this season, a 36inch stander and a 32inch for getting in through gates where my 36 can't.

Any advice would be great.
Trick question!! How wide are the gates you are trying to get through. My own gate, Sears fence vintage 1986 is 40" my 36 ferris hydro flies through it. Having said that, what do your properties look like - how big, how hilly.

If you have reallly small gates I would say take a peak at the new toro 30" you can always pick it up and carry it through - your other mower should be at least a 48. If you can fit a 36 through your gates and the yards are 10k or better in the back then go for it.