• Yes (colormatch), Victory Red

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No, if not please specify color...

Votes: 13 81.3%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we want a back rack for our new truck. When we first got it (same day), we threw my snow blower in the bed, and when we stopped, it went flying forward, and smoked the read window "windscreen (in the UK, lol)... Well, that aint cool, and when we put the salter in last fall, it was uncomfortably close to the rear window...

We can buy a plain one for $250... Or spend $200 on metal, and $50 on paint... So i talked to my welding teacher (i go to a vocational HS for landscape and turfgrass management, and take a welding class). Well, he if i buy the metal, and nothing comes up, i can use the schools tools (saws, welders, wire, ect).

So last night i designed somethin in CAD, what you think? I just measured the truck, so i can make another model, that have more accurate sizes (dimensions, and steel sizes)... But this gives you an idea....

I had to resize my screen shots, so they arent as detailed...

If you have or made one, please post pics, and what you would change about it... And the cost... (yes, i know the search, but i would have to ask 500 people)

Thanks

LAST thing... Would you color match the truck (victory red), or go with another color... If not, specify...

Attachments

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
4 more pics...

Attachments

· Registered
354 Posts
Black would be the way to go

· Registered
5,613 Posts
I'm in with the crowd to just keep it black. I would just buy it though and not mess with your own.

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like Black. Match your Rims on the truck
just do it black. I think it will be easier on the eyes when you're trying to see out the back window on a sunny day.
Sold the rims, ok thanks.

Black would be the way to go
Ok, thanks.

I'm in with the crowd to just keep it black. I would just buy it though and not mess with your own.
i would just go buy one from 800toolboxs.com i got there back and tool box. they r great build like a tank
Well, i have a TON of expensive tools, including a $200,000 automatic plasma cutter... And dont wanna pass up this opprotunity. And want a 1 of a kind...

i would have it match whatever color lettering you have on your truck or the trim
We dont have lettering yet...

· Registered
128 Posts
Black, that way when you get rid of the truck it will match your next one, black matches everything.

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Could go primer gray, looks awesome on this truck except it's two tone red and gray. Hard to figure what it'd look like on your chevy.
Thats a good idea, any other pics of yours?

200k plasma cutter? Why are you in this business then?
Read earlier in the thread, he states that he has access to all of this at his vocational school...
Yes, i take landscaping at school (180 min/ day or 1/2), 90 min of welding and power tools (elective), and American government (academics)

Black, that way when you get rid of the truck it will match your next one, black matches everything.
The truck is paid off, not planning on selling it any time soon, we will drive it to its grave...

Line x it instead of painting it, it will never rust and look cool.
Thats a good idea, what dose ever1 else think of that?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.