Need advice on registered technician license

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LawnGuy110, Nov 1, 2012.

  1. LawnGuy110

    LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,105

    As the title says, I need any advice the pros can give me. I am trying to get my commercial applicators license in the long run but I need to be a registered tech for atleast a year, or that is what the dept of agriculture website says. I am in Virginia. Any help is appreciated!
  2. Magic Neal

    Magic Neal LawnSite Member
    Messages: 13

    I don't know how everything is structured in virginia but in Texas there are two different types of licensing. One is an ag license which deals with outdoors only ie fire ant control weed control products that require a license and perimeter sprays. the other license is a structural license that deals with inside the home res and com properties. The trick that I found was I had to get my ag business license for a year. After a year of operating outside the state allowed me to take my CA business license exam. Some states have it structured that way so a business owner doesn't have to go work for another company, which to me seems counter productive for business owners. I hope this helps
  3. TurfsUpLawns

    TurfsUpLawns LawnSite Member
    Messages: 19

    You need to fill out the application A and tell all the chemicals you have been spraying and expierience that you have, and I would assume you would check box 2 and 3 on the application for expierence and training, and fill out what catagory you want, and they should send a letter of approval to take the test.

Share This Page