1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

need another rider that will fit on my trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys i'm starting to think for next year and yes if your wonder there will be a next year for me i desided to stay in business. ok heres the question i have a bob-cat 219 52" rider and for next year i would like to get a 61" mower for my bigger properties. but my trailer is only 12 feet long and i can't get 2 bobcats on my trailer so are there any ztr that are shorter or is there a good 61" walkbehind
    thanks alex
    don't mind the spelling

2. LHSlawnman86

LHSlawnman86 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

hey alex i am also a minor making a boat load of money. so if you have the money i would definitely look at wright standers. they will cost you but i used one for the first time 3 days ago and wow. i would get one if i didnt just spend $1800 on subs and amps for my car.

good luck

3. green-go

green-go LawnSite Member

This might be a long shot, but maybe you could have a side gate put on your trailer. You might be able to get around 80" of trailer width where a side gate would be. Seems like alot of ZTRs are around 76-80" long. Otherwise you'll be alot more limited in your choices with your current trailer.

4. Mowerboy04

few more details the trailer is 6.5 feet wide and 12feet long and getting another trailer is not a option because i just got a new trailer.

5. green-go

green-go LawnSite Member

Yes, you have your equipment listed. 6.5'=78" IF it is exactly 6.5' wide. I suppose it's possible to have a piece of angle iron or something similar added where a side gate would be put to get to around 80" width. You could make it work if you wanted to I'm sure.

6. Mowerboy04

what about gravely's and encores are they shorter?

7. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Wright Sentar...you won't regret it

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Both are great choices. Nothing beats them on compactness. You can get 3 52" standers on a 14' trailer.

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Dixie Choppers are 75" long. I've had 2 of them on my 12 foot trailer before. They were tight but they fit.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If you just got this trailer, remember, your resale value will go toward another trailer. If you are looking to purchase an $8000 mower, upgrading to a slightly longer trailer will not be an issue. You are looking at a few hundred bucks more.