Lawn Care Forum banner

Need Better Agitation in skid sprayer tank

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Smoke on the Water 
#1 ·
I have a 300 Gal tank, with a Hypro D40 pump, it's from Sprayer Specialties (KS). Prodiamine is sitting in the bottom and I can't seem to get it to agitate. I'm using Podiamine 4L. Right now I am starting my round #2 which consists of liquid fertilizer, 2 broadleaf herbicides and a small amount of Prodiamine 4L. The pictures show the current agitation, which is just a 1/2" hose coming from the pump and then it "T's" into two agitators like this https://www.dultmeier.com/products/search/2495 This tends to float around in the tank when there is more than 50 gallons or so in the tank, the problem is I can't seem to get the stuff off the bottom. Any suggestions? I was trying to come up with something that would stay towards the bottom and kick things up off the bottom. It doesn't seem to "stir" up what's in the tank well, it just floats around squirting everywhere and doesn't "stir" or "move" things together. The tank I had prior to this was a 200 Gal spacesaver from Westheffer that had a line on the outside of the tank, then connected to a bung that had an agitator like this https://www.dultmeier.com/products/search/2496 pointing towards the bottom of the tank and it seemed to move and stir way better than this tank. All suggestions welcome!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
My suggestions--see my previous truck on the left.
It had a hose from the PRV (pressure regulation valve) which entered the tank on the top. Inside the tank was a hose nipple( 1/2"). And on the hose nipple inside the tank was a fairly stiff 4 feet of black irrigation tubing. It did not move. This tee'd into an 18 inch length of PVC, which had two agitation nozzles (Dultmeir) aimed to the right. Or maybe there were four.
It is important that I had an agitation valve; this allowed the PRV to be bypassed, and ran the entire pump output directly to these same tank agitation nozzles. This allowed the total pump output to be used for agitation when mixing the first batch in the morning. On a good day the solution in the entire round tank would swirl.

#3 ·
I agree with Riggle, but in my personal opinion, I’d change a few things.....

1) have sch 40 pvc coming in from the top instead of a soft hose.

2) use 4 agitators pointing N,E,S,W. May only have room for 3, depending on your bulkhead placement.

3) place them where they’re pointing slightly towards the corners of the tank to get the swirl you need.

Just my .02

#8 ·
I ended up making this contraption out of sched 40 pvc. The brass fitting is a swivel joint. The picture only shows 3 agitators, (was waiting on shipping of the 4th). I put them all on and then had to angle them a little bit as well. So now I have 4 jet agitators and the whole thing spins as well. It does AMAZING agitating now!! I wish I could upload a video, it's just letting me do pictures. Thanks for the inspiration!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.