1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Need Boulders

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by stumper067, Jun 18, 2004.

1. stumper067

stumper067 LawnSite Member

Folks, I have a customer who wants a couple of 2,000 lb. or so boulders...we don't have any in our area so I will have to have them shipped, can anyone tell me what I might expect to pay for them (just the boulders) not including shipping...thanks

stumper

2. LIBERTY LAWNCARE 2

LIBERTY LAWNCARE 2 LawnSite Member

Come get them out of my back yard & you can HAVE them. One is taller than I am (5').

May be a logistical nightmare though. :D

3. stxkyboy

stxkyboy LawnSite Member

150 - 300 a ton

4. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I pay $80.00 a ton for landscape boulders from Alabama Wholesale Stone ( www.alastone.com )

They have any kind of rock you might need.

I am going to purchase 3 large boulders this week. If there is any way I can help you out just PM me. Can take photos if needed.

They will deliver your rock.

5. stumper067

o-so-n-so, thank you very much, for that web site link..it's funny how things work out sometimes. It just so happens I have an aunt who lives in Cedar Bluff, and I am in that area quite often. I am also in the stump removal biz. I will send you a PM with details.

stumper

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I have a big blueberry field in Maine............you can have all you want!!!!!!!!!!!!! most of it is granit............ also have pink granit and rocks.

7. stumper067

thanks dcondon but the Alabama location seems more practical for me here in Mississippi...but sounds like you have some beautiful rock up there...

stumper