Need Feedback on Recent Commercial Bid

Florida_Native

LawnSite Member
Hello Lawnsite fellow members - this is not a how to bid thread, or what should I bid thread, but rather I am looking for feedback regarding a bid that my company placed a few months ago for a 40 acre community. We just received word back from the property manager that our bid was "out of this world" compared to the other bidders and given my experience, I believe that the other bidders likely underbid this place to "get it", but wanted to get some feedback from other members of lawnsite that manage similar size communities. Essentially I am looking for ranges of what others on here (that currently manage similar-sized communities) would bid or a range to see if I missed anything in this bid, below are the specifications. Any feedback would be great, after a range of bids are received, I will post where we ended up at on this to compare. I have attached a picture of the aerial view of the community for your reference. Thank you in advance.

Visits: 40 visits per year (weekly April - September 31st, bi-weekly October 1st - March 31st).
Total sq. ft. -> 1,800,000
Grass sq. ft. -> 715,000 sq. ft. (most areas accessible to 52" or 61" mower)
String trimming sq. ft. -> 60,000 sq. ft.
Pavement sq. ft. -> 255,000
Linear feet of edging -> 40,000 LF (every visit)
Linear feet of hedge trimming -> 12,000 LF (hedge trimming done 1x per month)
Plant bed sq. ft. -> 35,000 sq. ft. (edging done every other)

Example Bid.png

MNLawns

LawnSite Bronze Member
Hello Lawnsite fellow members - this is not a how to bid thread, or what should I bid thread, but rather I am looking for feedback regarding a bid that my company placed a few months ago for a 40 acre community. We just received word back from the property manager that our bid was "out of this world" compared to the other bidders and given my experience, I believe that the other bidders likely underbid this place to "get it", but wanted to get some feedback from other members of lawnsite that manage similar size communities. Essentially I am looking for ranges of what others on here (that currently manage similar-sized communities) would bid or a range to see if I missed anything in this bid, below are the specifications. Any feedback would be great, after a range of bids are received, I will post where we ended up at on this to compare. I have attached a picture of the aerial view of the community for your reference. Thank you in advance.

Visits: 40 visits per year (weekly April - September 31st, bi-weekly October 1st - March 31st).
Total sq. ft. -> 1,800,000
Grass sq. ft. -> 715,000 sq. ft. (most areas accessible to 52" or 61" mower)
String trimming sq. ft. -> 60,000 sq. ft.
Pavement sq. ft. -> 255,000
Linear feet of edging -> 40,000 LF (every visit)
Linear feet of hedge trimming -> 12,000 LF (hedge trimming done 1x per month)
Plant bed sq. ft. -> 35,000 sq. ft. (edging done every other)

View attachment 388551
96k which is 60/he which is in the middle in my market, down there it probably went for 72k

That does not include hedge trimming.