Need firewood suppliers ASAP!

Discussion in 'Firewood' started by Kawizx62003, Oct 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Reedo

Reedo LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from S.E. Minnesota

This is what I am referring to. There are a lot of state lines in the US!

2. Kawizx62003

Kawizx62003 LawnSite Silver Member

Unfortunately, you assumed (incorrectly) from that post that I had planned to move firewood across state lines. This was a side project for me of partnering with firewood suppliers and selling their firewood online to people in their local area. www.firewoodcity.com

3. Reedo

Reedo LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from S.E. Minnesota

Yes I did assume. My apologies. I have dealt with plenty of ignorant people who don't care whatsoever about moving firewood since it doesn't affect them and who's going to catch them.

4. Hightowers

Hightowers LawnSite Member

Buy a 32 ton splitter. Call you're local tree services and ask them if they need a place to dump their unwanted wood. If not check craigslist in the free catagory and search wood that is if you able and have the means for lifting wood. I work for a tree company, we always let people take wood. The main guy we drop it off to makes about 15-20k spliting and selling wood, he gets it all for FREE. Good luck!!!

5. Yatt

Yatt LawnSite Member

That is fine and well for campfire wood, but people wanting high quality heating wood are going to choose hardwoods. Specifically red and white oak or hickory. I get wood from logging sites and take the log cut offs. They are very large and harder to handle, but are great firewood.

Here is some I got from my logger buddies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Southern Mulching of VA

Southern Mulching of VA LawnSite Member

I've got 24 cord on the ground but we can certainly step it up next year. Woods not a problem for us, it's finding enough buyers. I've probably sent 100 cord through the chipper this winter