• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Need Gas Blower advise

Barkleymut

LawnSite Bronze Member
Does anyone know why sometimes my BR400 seems to flood. If I don't use it till the next day it starts up fine but when I just used it an hour ago sometimes the plug is wet and it won't start up. I am not a small engine mechanic as you can probably tell.

Dave

LawnSite Senior Member
ill find out tom, if redmax makes most of shindaiwa engines ,i kinda dout it unless i can see it in writing

sunrise

Banned
Barkleymut, I have the same problem and what I do is cary a spare plug and change it then the next time put the other plug in. The reason I don't know.<br>Glad to see other folks from Va.

HOMER

LawnSite Gold Member
Barkley, Sunrise, mine does the same thing. I just pull it til it cranks, and it aleays cranks. I never have a problem but the others that try and crank it must be pressing the throttle or something. I never touch anything but the on-off switch and the pull cord. Touch anything else after its been cranked and it will surely flood.<p>Homer

jrblawncare

LawnSite Senior Member
I too had the same problem with with the BR 400 I got a month ago until I leaned how to start it.Homer is right....I have found choke it until it farts {1 or 2 pulls} then no choke and just pull it until it starts.{1 to 3 pulls}Don't mess with anything else.Having a extra plug with you is a good idea just in case. <p>----------<br>John <br>

Keith

LawnSite Platinum Member
Yeah, that is the way to do it. Lately though between jobs, even up to 2 hours apart, I have found using no choke, no throttle, just switch on...it starts right up.