• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Need help!!! All these tax forms and im so confused!

buffalonick

LawnSite Member
So i am trying to go legit this spring and i applied for all my state stuff im getting in my unemployment forms and these tax forms and also booklets of return of tax withheld from NYS. Can anyone explian what all these forms are? Im so confused i think i may just take all my paperwork to an accountant. Does anyone know how much an accountant would run for just two employees?

S&S Outdoor Services

LawnSite Member
You sound like me about 4 months ago and it was nothings but stress trying to figure all the s*** out. I too put up a post similar to this one. I didn't get a straight answer and I finally broke down and called an accountant, a payroll company and some one to process credit cards for me. The cost of outsourcing these things was less than I expected, well worth all the saved stress, and lets me worry about things I know about. If you don't know anything about accounting... don't even attempt it. - Sam

P.S. The accountants will probably know more about their rates than anyone on this site. . .

LB1234

LawnSite Gold Member
contact an accountant, attorney, payroll company, etc.

why would you take the advice of someone on the world wide web in a forum. When you get audited what are you going to say...LB1234 told me I didn't have to withhold those taxes for my employees...

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
In your case, better go to a tax pro.

Once educated, you will find you can do most things yourself, though, saving you a big bunch of money.

LawnBizCoach

LawnSite Member
An accountant is the way to go if you are serious about doing things correctly. They are worth it and like DA said, after getting some initial things set up, you will find many things you can do yourself to help control the cost.

Kickin Your Grass

LawnSite Senior Member
You sound like me about 4 months ago and it was nothings but stress trying to figure all the s*** out. I too put up a post similar to this one. I didn't get a straight answer and I finally broke down and called an accountant, a payroll company and some one to process credit cards for me. The cost of outsourcing these things was less than I expected, well worth all the saved stress, and lets me worry about things I know about. If you don't know anything about accounting... don't even attempt it. - Sam

P.S. The accountants will probably know more about their rates than anyone on this site. . .

Im interested in who you have processing credit cards for you and what the charge is. I'm thinking about going this route soon.

S&S Outdoor Services

LawnSite Member
I have a local guy that does credit cards for a national company... to be honest I'm still in the process of getting it so I don't even know what the company is. The rate is right around 2.5% and you can get lower rates but the guy also owns a window washing business and wants to team up to expand each other's customer base. I talked to my bank and they have a merchant service that offers 2.25% so going through the bank is probably your best starting point.

I think doing the credit card route should help out big time when it comes time to collect bills and getting paid quickly. Also, it's kind of an "out of sight, out of mind" type deal where people won't realize just how much they're actually paying every month. Just my two cents. Sorry to jack you thread buffalonick. - Sam

anotherturfgeek

LawnSite Member
paypal seems very popular with alot of my high end customers.