Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide on a walk behind mower. I want a self propelled mower but one that is larger than the normal 21" or 22". So far I have found the following:

33" Billy Goat - $1,600
33" Troy Bilt - $1,400
34" Simplicity Pacer - $1,850

I need to know if the above are okay for a female homeowner who cuts once a week? Will a 110lb female be able to handle any or all of these mowers? Is a pull start okay? My yard is about 12,000 sq ft of fescue, mostly flat with four or five trees. I would like a mower that is not hard to adjust the height on, as I would like to raise it to 4" when it's really hot. I would also like a mower that makes a "pretty" striped cut.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would stay away from a Troy.
otherwise, either would be good.
as for striping. uh.. i have no idea. down here in ******* land, we generally only do that kind of think on a ball field.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
We have the pacer throws a good cut down it's got 2 striping 1 roller and 1 rubber flap.Hydro also,electric start.buy the pacer bottom line it is the best of the 3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.