Need help deciding best ride on spreader

EARTH5

LawnSite Member
I am looking to purchase my first ride on spreader... i know there has been a lot of posts but i am really only considering the Ground Logic pathfinder, the Perma Green Triumph and looked at a few others at turf show.. turf ex was another. I need liquid as well and dont do any massive (over 25,000) sq. ft lawns (Yet).. z spray looks bulky but gets good reports... Being my first ride on any suggestions or help would be great.... Also wondering if anyone has a ground logic??? havent talked to any yet but i tried it and operation is smooth and easy to manauver... Thanks for all the help.......

turfcobob

LawnSite Senior Member
I am looking to purchase my first ride on spreader... i know there has been a lot of posts but i am really only considering the Ground Logic pathfinder, the Perma Green Triumph and looked at a few others at turf show.. turf ex was another. I need liquid as well and dont do any massive (over 25,000) sq. ft lawns (Yet).. z spray looks bulky but gets good reports... Being my first ride on any suggestions or help would be great.... Also wondering if anyone has a ground logic??? havent talked to any yet but i tried it and operation is smooth and easy to manauver... Thanks for all the help.......
You really need to look at the Turfco T3000. Very user friendly, Very precise, Trim with the unit so hand cans stay in the truck. Two spread widths, 4 spray widths and two speeds with a Hydro drive. Solid on hills, good in tight areas will do 64,000 sq ft per fill.. turfco.com for a viewing

humble1

LawnSite Silver Member
All I can say is I love my z spray I can tow a 48" electric ryan or bluebird for aeration, I have reverse, 2 seperate tanks, a 100 ft hose reel, folding spray boom, spread width 4-30ft, gps and variable speed, not the best machine on hills but we dont do that many w/ hills.

billyc

LawnSite Member
Z spray. Check out there new small unit if you are worried about size. U wont believe the advantages of a zero turn over a twist steer.steer. I think they are about same price as a pg. About 1000 less than a T. We have locking caster on ours so hills are easy. Quality piece of equip.
Posted via Mobile Device

gregory

LawnSite Bronze Member
I would see if you can test drive them before you buy them and see which one you like the best. i have a z jr and it might look bulky but like billy said it can turn and get in some really tight places...

OP
EARTH5

EARTH5

LawnSite Member
thanks guys, that helps... anyone at all out ther with a ground logic?? or know anyone... neg. or pos.??

gregory

LawnSite Bronze Member
there is a member on here that has a few of them i think and he likes them.. to me they look pretty well built...

rcreech

Sponsor
I have 3 Ground Logics and 2 z's

They r both great machines

If u r under 25k I wuld probably say GL for ya

They r great machines!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

FinerCutslawnCare

LawnSite Bronze Member
I would recommend the z-max. Get the 100 foot house with it so if you can't get into a gated back yard you can spray it by hand. In all honesty if the back yard is huge and gated, the gate will normally be a wide enough gate to get it through. I love it especially the gps. I wouldn't rule out the t-3000. Choose between those two if I were you.