Need help deciding on a trailer

mowing4rlife

LawnSite Member
I went to look at trailer yesterday and i looking the the two below....

Left Photo: RED 82 X 12 NT STEALTH 2 3500 # AXLE 2000# SET BACK JACK 15' TIRES AND WHEELS TREATED WOOD FLOOR NON TILT SAFE LOCK TOOL BOX INTEGRATED INTO TONGUE W/KEY ALL RECESSED RUBBER GROMMET MOUNTED LIGHTING BOLT ON FENDERS 4' GATE COMPLETE POWDER COAT

Right Photo: 6'X12' UTILITY TRAILER WITH TAILGATE MAKE: HAWKLINE BY AMERICAN TRAILER WORKS

BOTH NEW:
Left trailer price is $1,609.00
Right trailer price is $1,045.00

Either of the trailer can fit a 48"-61" ztr, walkbehind mower, and trimmers on racks.

82x12.jpg

6x12.jpg

amc3md

LawnSite Member
I would recommend going with an enclosed. Saves so much time not having to unload every night and is much more secure. I bought a 2011 6x12 enclosed for $2500 it is definitely worth the extra $1000. Just a thought

OP
mowing4rlife

mowing4rlife

LawnSite Member
I would recommend going with an enclosed. Saves so much time not having to unload every night and is much more secure. I bought a 2011 6x12 enclosed for $2500 it is definitely worth the extra $1000. Just a thought
At this time i don't have the extra $1000 to purchase the enclosed trailer. This is why the chooses i have are all i can afford at this time. Maybe in May i can buy one since i will be working and making the extra money.

32vld

LawnSite Gold Member
3500 # AXLE 2000# SET BACK JACK
Statement does not make sense.

What is the weight ratings of the trailers?

Not knowing that I prefer the red trailer because it has solid sides.

Also don't be lazy when you want us to compare trailers do not give size of one in inches (82) and the other one in feet.

tnwildcat

LawnSite Member
If you have a half ton or bigger truck for 1600- 2k range I would go with a dual axle. Getting 3-4 yards of mulch at a time is a pain with a single axle. 6 x 16 you will take years to outgrow.

biodale

LawnSite Member
Don't buy a 12 ft trailer. Nothing less than 14 feet and I prefer 16 feet. Twelve feet is definately too small. You will outgrow it in no time. Find a used trailer.

biodale

LawnSite Member
try craigslist, your local paper, do you have a giant nickel paper?, place a wanted ad on craigslist, also keep watch when driving around.
Good lock, but a 12 foot trailer is too small.
I bought mine from a friend. It was a flat bed and I put sides and a cage on the front to make it a mowing trailer. You can use a flat bed and get a box from harbor freight for chainsaw, etc. Your first trailer does not have to be perfect.
But I recommend you use debt sparingly. Especially at the start.
Good Luck. Success comes to those who work hard.

biodale

LawnSite Member
try craigslist, your local paper, do you have a giant nickel paper?, place a wanted ad on craigslist, also keep watch when driving around.
Good lock, but a 12 foot trailer is too small.
I bought mine from a friend. It was a flat bed and I put sides and a cage on the front to make it a mowing trailer. You can use a flat bed and get a box from harbor freight for chainsaw, etc. Your first trailer does not have to be perfect.
But I recommend you use debt sparingly. Especially at the start.
Good Luck. Success comes to those who work hard.